360 degree views of Sydney HarbourGroup Bridge Climb photographBridge Climb capCertificate of achievementFree pass to the ‘Pylon Lookout’
What You'll Get
Get ready for the climb of your life! Absorb a 360 degree panoramic view of Sydney as you journey to the summit of the iconic Harbour Bridge on this unique climbing experience. You'll gain a new perspective of the harbour from the upper arch, look out for the Opera House, Luna Park and city skyline.
Your adventure starts in the climb base below the Bradfield Highway. You walk on catwalks until you have reached the south-east pylon. Here you'll ascend four ladders until the start of the upper arch. Enjoy the vibrant hum and buzz of Sydney's traffic as your background music. The journey continues along the outer arch of the Harbour Bridge on the Opera House side until you reach the top at 134 m above sea level. Enjoy the most epic view you'll ever get from one of Australia's most iconic structure. After a small summit happy dance with your group, you can cross the spine of the Harbour Bridge towards the Darling Harbour side and descend back to the climb base.
This is a climb you will never forget.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- All Climbers climbing on the Sydney Harbour Bridge (“Bridge”) are required to arrive and ‘check-in’ at the supplier's premises at least 15 minutes prior to the advised departure time as per Climber’s voucher or confirmation advice (“Proof of Purchase”).
- Climbers must be 8s years of age or over, be at least 120cm, be of sound mind and be in good health. Climbers may be required to undergo a test to assess whether they are capable of completing a Climb. Every three Climbers between the ages of 8 and 15 inclusive climbing together must be accompanied by one paying adult Climber.
- The supplier reserves the right to add, withdraw, substitute and/or vary advertised routes and departure times (Arrangements) for Climbs without notice for reasons of safety, security, due to restricted access as required by the Roads and Maritime Services or any matters out of the reasonable control of the supplier. However, reasonable endeavours will be made to maintain Arrangements as advertised.
- Please note: rescheduling at any time is subject to availability and price differences.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Climb leader: Your professional climb leader will guide you as you ascend the arches of the Bridge. So don't worry and enjoy the iconic views of Sydney, located in one of the most beautiful harbours on earth! Throughout the climb, your leader will be sharing stories about the history of the Harbour Bridge. From the construction of the bridge, to its opening in 1932, to its importance in local celebrations today.
- Photos: For safety reasons, you cannot carry anything with you on the Bridge. You can store your belongings, including phones and cameras, in secure lockers. The climb leaders will take action pics of you during the climb. Your ticket to the top includes a climb group photograph, a Certificate of Achievement, a Bridge Climb Cap and a free ticket to the Pylon Lookout. If you would like to purchase additional photos, you can do so when you book your ticket or after your Climb.
- Climb Facts: 3 ½ hours long, max. 14 people per group. 1,332 steps. Ideal if you want to soak up the moment and take the upper arch. Ideal if you’re a bit nervous and would like more support from our Climb Leaders. You can do this Climb at dawn (limited departures), day, twilight or night.
- Day: The climb departs during daytime, from morning to late afternoon (after “dawn” and before “twilight”), exposing the hum and buzz of the city in full swing.
- About Sydney Harbour Bridge: The Sydney Harbour Bridge is one of the most well known and photographed landmarks in Australia. It is the largest (but not the longest) steel arch bridge in the world. The top of the bridge is standing 134 metres above the harbour. Locals call the bridge the 'Coathanger', because of its arch-based design.
- Your health and safety is important: If you are pregnant or have any pre-existing health conditions please refer to the Health and Safety Essentials section below as you may need to provide a doctor’s certificate of fitness note before you climb. You must have a blood-alcohol reading below 0.05 to climb (the same as if you are driving). We will ask you to complete a BridgeClimb Declaration Form before your Climb. Please be honest about your health so we can ensure your wellbeing is not at risk. All discussions will be confidential.
- How should you prepare for your Climb: Ensure that you have eaten before your Climb and you’re well-hydrated – the experience can last up to 3 ½ hours. Wear comfortable, enclosed rubber-soled shoes such as running, sport or hiking shoes and don’t forget your sunglasses. We recommend wearing comfortable clothing. We’ll equip you with everything else you need for your Climb! Ensure you arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled Climb time to allow enough time to check in.
- All your personal belongings can be stored in lockers, including cameras: We provide FREE secure lockers for you to keep your personal belongings in, including phones, cameras and GoPros. Our Climb Leaders will capture photos of you during your Climb. For safety and security reasons, cameras, video technology and mobile devices are prohibited on the Climb.
- You must be 8 years old and 1.2 metres in height, or taller: Children aged 8 to 15 must be accompanied by and are the responsibility of an adult, with a maximum of three children per adult.
- Climbs operate in all weather conditions: We will equip you with all the gear you need to keep you dry. In case of extreme weather conditions like electrical storms or during times of extremely high wind, Climbs may be postponed.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
3 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Prime Visa Experts Pvt Ltd in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.