• Milsons Point• North Head Lookout• The Rocks• Mrs. Macquarie’s Chair• Sydney Opera House• The Gap• Bondi BeachExperience: Historical, UNESCOEncounter rich historical landmarks with expert guides; Visit locations designated as World Heritage Sites by the United NationsStyle: EscortedTour director/guided escort is available from the beginning to the end of the vacationGroup Type: Standard groupTour with fellow travelers from all over the worldActivity Level: EasyPerfect for any fitness level
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales
Sydney City Tour
Today you’re going to see some of the best sights that this beautiful harbour city has to offer. Your Driver Guide will provide expert commentary as you travel past famous suburbs, each with its own unique streetscape and intriguing history.
On the lower North Shore is the picturesque Milsons Point. One of Sydney’s more affluent suburbs, the streets are lined with beautiful homes, churches and schools, many built in the late 1800s. With its incredible views of Sydney Harbour and the Opera House, and an abundance of leading restaurants, cafés and boutique shops, Milsons Point is a popular destination for locals and visitors.
North Head Lookout
The heath-covered clifftops at North Head reveal unending Pacific Ocean views and a spectacular panorama of the harbour and Sydney skyline.
With its relaxed, outdoor lifestyle, Manly is a great place to take some time out to wander along the golden sandy beaches that stretch from Queenscliff up to the North Steyne Beach to Manly Beach. You might also like to treat yourself to morning tea in one of the many cafés (own expense).
Enjoy a 2 hour lunch break at Darling Harbour prior to returning to the coach for your afternoon portion of the tour or choose to upgrade your lunch.
Meet your driver at 2.00pm at Lime Street, King St Wharf to continue on the afternoon tour.
Situated at the very base of the Harbour Bridge, the Rocks is a lively and popular spot brimming with boutique stores, art galleries and world-class restaurants. Long ago the area was home to the indigenous Gadigal people. European settlers claimed the land in 1788 and the colour and character of their lifestyle can be felt as you wander through the historic buildings.
From the Rocks you’ll get a stunning view of the Sydney Harbour Bridge, one of the largest steel arch bridges in the world. Designed in 1924 to connect the northern and southern shores of this growing city, the Harbour Bridge opened in 1932 and is one of the city’s most well known and photographed icons.
Mrs. Macquarie’s Chair
Mrs. Macquarie’s Chair sits high on the peninsula known as Mrs. Macquarie’s Point and is an exposed sandstone rock that was hand-carved into a bench by convicts in 1810. It is said that Mrs. Macquarie, the wife of the then New South Wales Governor, was known to visit the area to take in the views.
Sydney Opera House
From Mrs. Macquarie’s Chair you’ll get another birds-eye view of the Sydney Opera House, arguably the most recognisable icon in the world. This World Heritage listed building is considered a masterpiece of late modern architecture and a world class performing arts venue.
Again, have your camera ready. You’re now heading to the entrance of Sydney Harbour, known as the Gap. A dramatic ocean cliff on the eastern coast of Sydney, the Gap will give you breathtaking views of the New South Wales coastline.
Australians are renowned for their relaxed and outdoor lifestyle and Bondi Beach is a prime example of this. One of the most famous beaches in the world, it is a captivating location brimming with lifeguards, surfers and tanned beach-goers. You can wander along the shoreline and dip your toes into the cool ocean or treat yourself to afternoon tea (own expense) from one of the many cosmopolitan cafés and restaurants.
Duration: 10 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Please bring: An open mind to enjoy and a smiling face. Please dress according to the weather. In summer, you must bring your hat, sunscreen and sunglasses. Always wear comfortable shoes, umbrella and raincoats are handy if it rains.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Experienced Driver Guides
- Detailed and informative commentary
- Travel in an air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pick-up//drop-off
- Optional Extras: Captain Cook Lunch Cruise Magistic Lunch Cruise
Traveler pickup is offered
Departs: 08:15AM (Hotel pick up starts from 7.00AM)
We pick up from selected hotels. If you can't find your hotel listed in the pick up, we will pick you up from a convenient pickup point close by.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Prime Visa Experts Pvt Ltd in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.