Experience the Australian country lifestyle and visit some of the best country pubs in the region stopping for a beer at each pub and lunch at one.You will be picked up from your Brisbane CBD by limousine and transported to the Ipswich helipad, from there you will be flown by helicopter to 4 country pubs for a drink and lunch before returning to the Helipad and from there taken by Limousine back to your Hotel
What You'll Get
We Aussies have always had our priorities straight. In country towns across this wide brown land, one of the oldest buildings will almost certainly be the pub. As I said – priorities. In many places the pub will have been preceded only by the railway (thereby enabling us to get to the pub in the first place) and the bank (providing us with funds to buy the next round).
And who doesn’t love a good country watering hole? Once the sacred preserve of the sun-scorched, working-class man, today’s pub must appeal to a much broader range of punters in order to survive. Generally there’ll be good quality tucker (quite posh nosh in the case of the trendy gastro-pub), possibly boutique or craft beers, family events, live entertainment and let’s not forget good old-fashioned hospitality. What’s not to love?
So who wouldn’t pass up the opportunity to join a country pub crawl through the incredibly picturesque Scenic Rim, Ipswich and Lockyer Valley regions west of Brisbane – let alone a country pub crawl by helicopter. Excuse me? Yep, you read that right. A pub crawl by chopper.
The day involves paying a flying visit (literally) to around five country pubs with Ipswich-based Pterodactyl Helicopters. A pint at each pub and a delicious lunch are included, but it should be noted here that this is not an opportunity to get merry at 5,000 feet. Safety is paramount and there’s a limit of one beer per venue. It’s more about the experience.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Subject to weight restrictions and local weather conditions. Flights will be cancelled if the weather conditions are not conducive to a safe flight.
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Dress code is smart casual
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Private tour
Brisbane CBD Hotels
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Pterodactyl Helicopters Pty. Ltd. in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.