Immerse yourself in nature on a self-guided hike from Waterfall Gully to Mount Lofty and be rewarded with the panoramic views at the summit, overlooking the Adelaide Plains and Gulf St. Vincent. Then follow the trail to Cleland Wildlife Park where you can spend the afternoon seeing kangaroos and getting up close to the many native Australian animals, including the ever cute Koala's. Round-trip hotel transport plus water, snacks, and a map are provided.
The hike to Mount Lofty Summit is graded as hard - it involves steep sections and uneven services and a good level of fitness and mobility is required.The total walking distance to the summit and Cleland is approx 6 km.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Waterfall Gully Road Cleland Conservation Park, Adelaide, South Australia Australia
This self-guided hike is a great option for the adventurous nature-seeker. After hotel pickup from the CBD in the morning, transfer by shared minivan to the starting point of your trek. A short, scenic drive takes you directly to the trailhead of Adelaide’s most popular trail.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: 266 Mount Lofty Summit Road Cleland, South Australia Australia
Following an orientation by your guide, set off at your own pace on the well-marked path, from Waterfall Gully to Mount Lofty. Depending on your pace with stops along the way, expect to take between 1 to 2 hours to arrive at the summit. You'll be rewarded with panoramic views over Adelaide and beyond.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Cleland Wildlife Park, Mount Lofty Summit Road, Crafers, South Australia 5152 Australia
Just downhill, another bush track leads to the Cleland Wildlife Park. Re-energize at the Cleland Café (own expense) before exploring the 86-acre (35-hectare) park along the self-discovery trails. Walk among free-roaming animals in their natural environment, you may have kangaroos or wallabies come up to you for a bit of a feed with food provided to you by the keepers, spot wetland birds, and be sure to visit Australia’s koalas for a close-up experience.
Duration: 3 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or young children
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please note that the Koala Experiences do not operate on days forecast at over 32 degrees in Mt Barker
- The Koala close-up experience is included in the entry fee; however, for an additional fee ($30 per person), you have the unique opportunity to hold a koala, including a professional photograph (cannot be booked in advance)
- The Waterfall Gully to Mount Lofty Hike involves steep sections and uneven surfaces and a good level of fitness and mobility is required. The hike is approximately 3 hours (7km).
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- In the interest of sustainability we recommend to bring a refillable water bottle.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Pure SA follow recommendations of the South Australian Health department with COVID-19 health, safety and operational protocols in accordance with regulations covering tour operations. The full policy can be read on the Pure SA website. Note, face masks are not mandatory but are available.
- Self-guided hike orientation and trail map
- 10% gift shop voucher
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Admission fees to Cleland Wildlife Park
- Entry/Admission - Cleland Wildlife Park
pureSA tours, 111 Franklin St, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Main departure point and time is 8am from the pureSA office located at The Joinery, 111 Franklin Street, Adelaide. If you have selected a hotel pickup from the above list you must be waiting outside the hotel no later than 7.40am.
7 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the pureSA in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.