Follow winding hiking trails through the Australian countryside at your own pace on this self-guided hike from Waterfall Gully to Mt Lofty from Adelaide. Trek along the 2.5-mile (3.9-km) route at your leisure, and pass tumbling waterfalls and shimmering streams. Along the way, admire the beautiful countryside for which Australia is famous and watch the treetops for sightings of sleepy koalas. At Mt Lofty’s high summit, enjoy rewarding views over the rugged terrain to coastal Glenelg and Port Adelaide.This hike is graded as hard - it involves steep sections and uneven services and a good level of fitness and mobility is required.The total return walking distance is 7.8km.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Waterfall Gully Road Cleland Conservation Park, Adelaide, South Australia Australia
Following a morning pickup at your Adelaide hotel, take the scenic drive out of the city toward Waterfall Gully — the trailhead of Adelaide’s most popular hike. On arrival, watch the spectacular First Falls sparkling in the morning sunshine then set off at your own pace.
During your hike, follow the 2.5-mile (3.9-km) trail past cascading waterfalls and along winding streams, and admire panoramic views from the tall gully ridges. Stop along the way to admire the beautiful scenery and fully immerse yourself in the natural environment.
Listen as native birds chirp in the trees and enjoy the scent of eucalyptus trees on the air. As you explore, keep an eye out for sleepy koalas high in the gum trees and kangaroos grazing in the bush.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: 266 Mount Lofty Summit Road Cleland, South Australia Australia
At the summit of Mt Lofty, take in panoramic views of the city buildings, parklands and the iconic Adelaide Oval below. Be sure to look out across the plains to the coastal town of Glenelg and the far reaches of Port Adelaide. On a clear day, you may even see Kangaroo Island!
Perhaps relax and enjoy coffee or brunch at The Summit Café (own expense). Then, head back down to Waterfall Gully and meet your pureSA driver for the return to your Adelaide hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- PLEASE NOTE - various track works and detours are in place on this trail until December 2019. This will necessitate route and timing modifications which will be advised on the day.
- This hike is graded as hard - it involves steep sections and uneven services and a good level of fitness and mobility is required.The total return walking distance is 7.8km.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or young children
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- Please dress appropriately for the weather and wear clothing and footwear suitable for bushwalking.
- In the interest of sustainability we recommend you bring a refillable water bottle.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected city hotels only)
- Trail orientation
pureSA tours, 111 Franklin St, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Main departure point and time is 8am from the pureSA office located at The Joinery, 111 Franklin Street, Adelaide. If you have selected a hotel pickup from the above list you must be waiting outside the hotel no later than 7.40am.
4 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the pureSA in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.