Experience the Aussie bush, a BBQ with native spices and wine on this small group guided tour. Be amazed by some of the most breathtaking natural landscapes, only 30-minutes from Adelaide, as you follow a 7km hiking trail to explore this scenic national park.
You'll witness an abundance of native flora and fauna set among amazing rock faces, gorges and seasonal waterfalls while discovering the Valley Walk, Giant’s Cave, Morialta Falls Plateau Hike and Eagles Nest Lookout. Learn about the park’s early history as you see native plants and animals in their natural environment, including koalas nestled among the majestic gum trees.
After working up an appetite arrive to your private outdoor dining location set among the gum trees. Enjoy a glass of handcrafted cool climate wine grown locally in the picturesque Adelaide Hills. Then, relax over an Aussie barbecue and discover native ingredients and spices – a perfect way to end your eco-adventure!
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: pureSA, 111 Franklin St, Adelaide, South Australia 5000 Australia
Depart from Adelaide city and enjoy the drive to the trailhead of Morialta Conservation Park. Start your morning adventure as the bush beings to wake from its night slumber.
Stop At: Morialta Conservation Park, Stradbroke Road 10km North East of Adelaide, Woodforde, South Australia 5072 Australia
As you follow the trails, discover amazing rock faces, gorges and seasonal waterfalls cascading over sheer quartzite cliffs. Witness the dawn colours bounce on the spectacular rugged vistas and capture the sense of nature while discovering the natural wonders of this national reserve.
Morialta is the best place in Adelaide where you can see koalas in the wild! It offers rich biodiversity where many native animals can be spotted including the occasional kangaroo or echidna. The creeks, rock pools and the higher slopes of the gorge offer a perfect habitat to several species of frogs and small lizards such as geckos, skinks, and dragons.
Listen to the sounds and observe the many native birds such as the Superb Fairy-wren, rare Golden Whistler, Rainbow Lorikeet and the iconic Laughing Kookaburra. Use the supplied binoculars and see how many species you can discover. Every winter and spring the park is abundant with native wildflowers including many delicate and colourful orchid species.
Duration: 3 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for child aged 12 and under
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This is a moderate graded hike. The total distance walked is approximately 7 km over 3 hours. It involves some steep inclines and rocky, uneven surfaces and a good level of fitness and mobility is required.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Small group tour (maximum 8)
- National park fees
- Experienced guide
- Morning snack
- Gourmet barbecue lunch with glass of wine
- Return transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Pickup and drop-off from Adelaide City accommodation
- Entry/Admission - Morialta Conservation Park
pureSA tours, 111 Franklin St, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Main departure point and time is 8am from the pureSA office located at The Joinery, 111 Franklin Street, Adelaide. If you have selected a hotel pickup from the above list you must be waiting outside the hotel no later than 7.40am.
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the pureSA in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.