Explore Deep Creek Conservation Park and the beauty of the Coorong National Park on this small group, overnight adventure and just an hour from Adelaide! Visit the beaches of the Fleurieu Peninsula and stay overnight in an Australian bush style camp. Dine outdoors on a clifftop overlooking the ocean as the sun sets, with kangaroos grazing right by you. Hike to a secluded waterfall, keeping an eye out for native wildlife along the way. Kayak through the tranquil Coorong to spot rare birds and seals. Walk over sand dunes to the Southern Ocean and learn about bush tucker. If you have ever wanted to experience what South Australia really has to offer then this one is for you!
- Stop at Port Willunga's pristine beach
- Hike to a secluded waterfall
- Dine outdoors on a cliff overlooking the ocean
- Camp in style in our canvas tents
- Kayak the Coorong, hike sand dunes & discover bush tucker
- All inclusive, small group, locally sourced meals
- Minimal travel time means more time exploring!
About This Deal
Day 1: Adelaide-Deep Creek Conservation Park
Stop At: Port Willunga Beach, Port Willunga SA 5173, Australia
Departing from Adelaide we take the scenic coastal route to one of our beautiful southern beaches – Port Willunga. This old grain port is one of South Australia’s most photographed beaches due to the remains of an old jetty jutting out of the sand. Use this free time to explore the small caves in the cliffside, take a refreshing dip or simply lounge in the sun before enjoying a light morning tea.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Deep Creek Conservation Park, Tapanappa Road, Delamere, South Australia 5204 Australia
Then a short drive to reach our camp site in Deep Creek Conservation Park. This conservation park is the largest area of native vegetation on the Fleurieu Peninsula. This provides plenty of habitat for native wildlife including over 100 species of birds, western grey kangaroos, echidnas and even whales cruising along the coast June-October. You’ll be awe-struck with the view that lies just a few metres from your tent. Take in the rolling cliffs and expansive Southern Ocean as you breathe in the fresh sea air. After you’ve had a chance to enjoy the view it’s time for everyone to chip in and set up camp. Don’t worry if you’ve never camped before, our expert guide will provide all the help you need and your spacious 4×4 metre tent will be up in no time!
After lunch and camp is set up it’s time to put on your walking shoes and hike to Deep Creek Waterfall. Follow your guide and the Aussie bush trails winding along the ridgeline. Listen for bush birds and spot lizards lounging lazily in the sun. As you come upon the clearing you can hear the sound of the waterfall cascading over the rocky creek bed. Take a moment in this secluded setting and recharge before the return hike back to camp. At camp you have some free time to rest or explore more of the park. Take a book and sit on the cliff top or just sit and chat to your fellow campmates.
We know you’ve worked up an appetite on your hike and dinner is well worth the wait. We’ve reserved a table under the stars in the best spot in the park overlooking the beauty of the ocean. Kangaroos graze next to you on the grassy cliffside and the atmosphere is just magical. A gourmet BBQ is on the menu tonight accompanied by a glass of local wine or beer. Wind down and try a spot of stargazing or sit around the campfire (seasonal) and toast marshmallows. It’s an early night tonight to be ready for a full day of adventure in the morning!
Duration: 20 hours
• Lunch: Local produce picnic lunch
• Dinner: Gourmet BBQ on the clifftop
Accommodation included: Overnight at Deep Creek National Park in large 4m x 4m canvas belle tents.
Day 2: Coorong National Park- Adelaide
Stop At: Coorong National Park, Meningie, South Australia 5264 Australia
Let the morning sounds of the Australian bush gently wake and inspire you for the exciting day ahead. Fuel up on a hearty cooked breakfast and then take some time to pack down your little home away from home. Then its everyone on the bus for a short drive to the spectacular Coorong National Park. This wetland is of international importance and home to many endangered species. The Coorong is also the setting of the iconic novel and movies “Storm Boy” that feature the magnificent pelicans of the region.
Meet your expert kayak guide to hear your orientation for the day. Then it’s time to get out on the water and explore this beautiful environment and its sheltered lagoons. The relaxing pace and multiple stops will allow you to really absorb the serenity and give you the best chance of spotting wildlife along the way. Over 200 species of birds have been recorded in the area and there are always plenty of seals swimming about! Pick the brains of your local guide to learn about the uniqueness and current state of this key ecological area.
Pull up on the sand and take a walk across the pristine dunes to the Southern Ocean. Your guide will then take you on an informative and hands on ‘bush tucker’ walk to discover the native food of the region. After teasing your taste buds it’s time to relax over a local produce lunch while admiring the views of this unique national park.
Back in the kayaks for the last leg of your journey and paddle to the Murray Mouth, the point at which the Murray River meets the Southern Ocean. From here it’s goodbye to your kayak guide and aboard the bus for a scenic country drive back to Adelaide!
Duration: 6 hours
• Breakfast: Cooked camp style breakfast
• Lunch: Lunch and bush tucker from the Coorong
No accommodation included on this day.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Hike - please note the Deep Creek hikes contain some steep sections, rocky and uneven surfaces. The hike will be approximately 3 hours and is graded moderate to hard.
- Kayak - please note that no experience is necessary as all techniques will be demonstrated. Participants will need to know how to swim and be comfortable sitting in a Kayak for extended periods (over 30 minutes). Kayak weight limit of 120kg applies.
- Camp facilities are basic and it is expected that all guests pitch in for setup, cleaning and pack down of camp as this is all part of the experience.
- Please bring adequate clothing including enclosed walking shoes. Don’t forget a small day pack to carry personal items, your camera, sunscreen, insect repellent, sunhat, sunglasses and raincoat!
- Please note: A luggage limit of 1 bag per person applies.
- Please advise any medical conditions at time of booking.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- 1x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- National park fees
- Morning tea at Pt. Willunga beach
- Glass of wine or beer with dinner
- Conservation donations
- All camping equipment and bedding
- Entry/Admission - Deep Creek Conservation Park
- Entry/Admission - Coorong National Park
111 Franklin St, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Please be waiting out the front of your hotel.
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the pureSA in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.