HighlightsComplimentary pick-up and drop off Professional, accredited tour guide/driver Comfortable air-conditioned 4WD vehicle Mt Remarkable National Park Quorn/Old Ghan Railway Station Flinders Ranges National Park Lake Eyre 4 hour scenic flight. Brachina & Bunyeroo Gorges Aboriginal Rock Art site Clare Valley wine tasting Bush walking optional. Wilpena Pound Lunch at William Creek pub.
What You'll Get
Head north along the eastern side of Spencer Gulf stopping at historical coastal towns, learning about our rich maritime history.Take a stroll down the longest jetty in the Southern Hemisphere at Port Germain, once a bustling port for sail ships & sea farers.
Enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch at Mt Remarkable National Park surrounded by stunning 600 million year old rock formations and home to an abundance of native wildlife. If you enjoy bushwalking, we will take you on a one hour guided walk along beautiful tree-lined creek beds with spectacular views over the area.
Continue our journey across one of the oldest mountain ranges on earth, through the picturesque Pichi Richi Pass to Quorn. With its typical outback buildings and the original Ghan Railway station, it has been the setting for many iconic Australian films. Follow in the path of our early explorers and head to Warrens Gorge Conservation Park to search for the rare and elusive Yellow-Footed Rock Wallabies. Dramatic rock formations and outcrops harbour these endangered wallabies with an estimate of only 8000 living in the wild. Sit back in the 4WD as we head along the rough and dusty outback tracks through the deserted Willochra Plain where eagles soar and emus run free. Wander around deserted ghost towns with their early history of hardship where pioneers survived temporarily but eventually gave way to the unforgiving desert conditions.
Final destination today is a working sheep station at Rawnsley Park situated on the southern side of the famous Wilpena Pound. Settle into your comfortable 4 star Eco-Villa, wind down, relax and perhaps enjoy a glass of wine. We will escort you to the resort’s Award Winning Woolshed Restaurant for an evening meal (inclusive). You are welcome to spend the evening by yourselves and discuss your day of adventure in the Australian bush or be joined by your guide if you prefer.
Meals: (L) (D)
See Extra Info for Day 2-5 Itinerary
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- DAY 2
- In the morning take off from Wilpena Pound airstrip with excellent views of the Flinders Ranges. You begin your scenic flight over Wilpena Pound and Brachina Gorge before tracking north to Lake Eyre. You will fly over Parachilna, the Leigh Creek open-cut coal fields and Lake Harry. Follow the Birdsville Track to Cooper Creek Junction and cross awe-inspiring Lake Eyre. After marvelling at the wonders of this mammoth inland salt lake we will land at the outback town of William Creek (population 4 at last count). Enjoy lunch at this remote pub where the local stockmen gather. Make the return trip back to Wilpena Pound over the Andamooka opal fields and Lake Torrens.
- Meals: (B) (L) (D)
- DAY 3
- Your breakfast has been placed in your Eco-Villa, ready for you to prepare; orange juice, eggs, cereal and good coffee. This morning our expert guide will take you through the spectacular Bunyeroo Gorge, visiting secluded areas of great natural beauty. Travel through the rugged creek beds of Brachina Gorge, an area alive with wildlife and a geological history dating back millions of years. This area is where the world-renowned South Australian painter Sir Hans Heysen was inspired for many of his landscapes.
- Lunch is at the iconic Outback Prairie Hotel, where the adventurous can enjoy a selection of bush foods, including native preserves, kangaroo, emu and camel. A fine selection of chicken, ham and vegetarian food is also available.
- Immerse yourself in the ancient landscape; take that special photograph or just enjoy some of the most spectacular outback scenery Australia has to offer; the prolific wildlife is a bonus.
- Meals: (B) (L) (D)
- DAY 4
- Take a one hour bushwalk to an Aboriginal art site where the Adnyamathanha people have left rock art depicting their ceremonies over thousands of years. Travel back along the eastern side of the mountains with spectacular Red Gum lined creeks to Melrose, the oldest town in the Flinders Ranges. Then onto the world famous Clare Valley, one of the premium wine regions in South Australia where you can have a taste of the fine local wines. You will have life-long memories to share with family and friends about the Flinders Ranges & Outback Australia.
- Arrive Adelaide at approximately 5.30pm.
- Meals: (B) (L)
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Carry on bag
- Bag for clothing (stored in trailer)
- Any special medication needs you have
- Toiletries including towels
- Warm clothing including long sleeve tops & pants
- Shorts & t-shirts
- Fly Nets (Snowys stock these)
- Insect Repellant, hat, sunscreen
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Water Bottle
Departs Adelaide Central. Pickups available at all Adelaide CBD Hotels and Hostels.
7:00 AM - 7:30 AM
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the SA Eco Tours and Australian Tours Charters in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.