• This tour is really 2 tours in one, as you start off in daylight and then you end in the dark. Therefore you see Melbourne at different light stages - before sunset, sunset and then you observe the "Fireballs" at the crown casino after dark.
Take in views of Melbourne's skyline while paddling past restaurants, old ships, the former port area and new port.
• This is a unique experience with easy paddling and a slow pace to take in the views.
• Historical commentary on the old docks area is provided along the way with talks about the former Customs House, turning basin, historical ships, former waterfall and "Mission for Seamen" head quarters.
• There is a rest stop, half way through the tour, to stretch your legs and have a snack and a drink.
• The tour is 2.5 hours duration.
• Twilight sessions (5, 6 or 7pm, depending on light) are available.
• Photos emailed after the event.
What You'll Get
Paddle along the Yarra River in double kayaks through the Centre of Melbourne City. Stopping to look at historical sites like old ships, hotels, old wharfs, dry docks and cranes etc. Historical commentary provided along the way. Changing of light from daylight to sunsets, city lights and "fireballs" after dark at the Crown Casino. Chatting with new and old friends. Easy pace.
• Crown Casino, Crown Entertainment Complex 8 Whiteman St Southbank, Melbourne, Victoria 3006 Australia
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- A maximum of 20 people per booking
- Minimum age is 12 years (12-15 year old clients years must paddle with an adult)
- Not recommended for participants with back or shoulder problems
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Professional guide
- Snacks and drinks
- Thermals, spray jacket, and all paddling equipment
- Tour photographs (via email)
- Your tour conveniently starts and ends at the same point, so no surprises
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
7 Boathouse Dr, Melbourne VIC 3004, Australia
2 hours 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Sea Kayak Australia in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.