Paddle self guided along the Yarra River at your own pace.
Admire a host of native fauna and flora by the riverbank.
Choose one of several lunch spots dotted along the way.
Have a BBQ on an island 3/4 of the way through the trip.
If you like stop at a cafe 3/4 of the way along for lunch - right on the river.
See a combination of bush land, old houses and city views.
This is a one way trip, so you will be paddling with the current, no retracing of steps.
Price includes lift back to the start (if required).
About This Deal
Paddle self guided along the Yarra River at your own pace
Admire a host of native fauna and flora by the riverbank
Choose one of several lunch spots dotted along the way
The double kayak makes paddling down the river easy and safe
Strike out on your own or with some friends and explore the sparkling Yarra River lined with untouched bushland and brimming with bird life. On arrival, you get a quick instruction on kayak basics like how to hold your paddle and how to adjust the foot pedals. Then, it's time to grab your life jacket and be on your way down the river. The first section of the river is full of parks with natural bushland. Enjoy the peace and serenity of your surroundings, filled with lovely birdsong, as you smoothly glide across the water. You'll also be able to see beautiful historic houses along the river banks.
Cruising at your own pace, you can decide where you would like to stop for lunch, at one of the many riverside rowing ramps or amongst the sculptures at Herring Island. Herring island has BBQs and toilet facilities - so bring along some food to cook up. Remember to keep an eye out for native lizards, water dragons and seals that frequent the river as you stroke along. Towards the end of the 12km journey, admire the stunning city views from your kayak. Once you have arrived at Princes Bridge, you will be transported back to your car, at the start point or you can choose to walk away ready for a new adventure.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Please go to the rest room before hand.
- Toilet and changing facilies
- Instruction at Launching location e.g. how to use your rudder and paddle strokes., .
- Transport back to the start
- Map and information about stopping points, places of interest
- 1 double kayak, 2 life jackets, 2 paddles, 1 pump, 1 dry bag or box, water bottle.
12 Turner St, Abbotsford VIC 3067, Australia
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/1/2020 - 10/31/2021
|Monday - Sunday:||09:00 AM - 10:00 AM|
3 to 5 hours
Mercantile Rowing Club, 5 Boathouse Dr, Melbourne VIC 3004, Australia
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Sea Kayak Australia in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.