Enjoy an afternoon on Mt Wellington (Kunanyi) on this two and a half-hour experience. Leaves directly from the Hobart Travel and Information Centre located near the waterfront. View 360 degree panoramic views of greater Hobart and the western wilderness. Enjoy a short walk on the summit while learning about the complicated history of Hobart and Tasmania. View Australia’s oldest brewery, Cascades.
What You'll Get
• Meeting point for summit tour is at the Hobart Travel and Information Centre
• The tour begins at 1:30pm
• The tour begins with a stunning 30-minute drive from Hobart, winding our way through rainforest and tall eucalyptus trees up the mountain to the summit of kunanyi / Mt Wellington.
• From the summit enjoy a short pinnacle walk to the overhanging lookout where spectacular views of Hobart and the surrounding mountains are obtained (30-minutes minimum, weather permiting)
• Learn all about Hobart, Tasmania and the mountains history, in geologic, environmental and cultural terms, hear stories of bush rangers and Peter Degraves (Founder of Cascade brewery).
• On the way down from the summit we have an option to explore the 'Springs" area (the site of the former springs hotel under the famous Organ Pipes), where we can get a coffee from our friends at Lost Freight and enjoy a short stroll to a different viewpoint of Hobart (If time permits).
• Finish the tour with a visit to Australia's oldest brewery, Cascade. Relax and wonder around the beautiful Cascade gardens or enjoy a beer (30-minutes).
• At the end of the day we can drop you off along the way at your hotel, back at the Hobart Travel and Information Centre or at the door of your cruise ship.
• Minimum numbers apply for tour to operate (two people)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Infant seats are not available
- Child booster seats (4-7 years of age) can be arranged if given enough prior notice
- Not recommended for child aged 4 and under
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Professional driver and qualified local guide
- Pickup and drop-off from Hobart travel and Information Centre
- TripAdvisor Experiences brokerage fee
- Port drop-off at the end of the tour if needed
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Food and drinks
Hobart Travel and Information Centre
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the See Tasmania Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.