Learn all about the landscapes and the history of the area you are walking through on this guided hiking tour to Hartz Peak. Enjoy local knowledge and walk in safety with a qualified guide. Take the hassle out of travelling to the trailhead with safe transport from Hobart. Enjoy a local picnic lunch full of Tasmanian produce. This hike is one of Tasmania's 60 Great Short Walks and is the gateway to the wild South West of Tasmania. Whether you are into history, nature or just a great day hike, Hartz Peak is a wonderful experience from Hobart.
Please note hiking trail is 8km in length. Taking around 4-5 hours to complete. Guests must have a moderate level of fitness, able to walk for up to 1 hour - on uneven and steep terrain. The hike can be very challenging and the weather can be inclement.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hartz Mountains National Park, 22 Main Road Raminea - not Huonville, Tasmania 7116 Australia
Hike on and around Harzt Mountain National Park
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Hartz Mountains National Park, Hartz Peak Track, Southwest TAS 7139, Australia
Hike to the top of Hartz Peak and experience the wilderness, remoteness and expanse of Mountains in the South West
Duration: 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult and be over the age of 10 years old.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian and vegan option available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Includes exposed section of track
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A moderate amount (9km or 4 hrs) of walking is involved
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- Exposed cliff on walk
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Coffee and/or Tea - Plunger coffee and tea options
- Snacks - Trail mix
- Lunch - Picnic lunch - Seasonal Tasmanian Produce
- Private transportation
- National Park Fees
- Hiking Tour Guide
- Alcoholic Beverages - Have a drink at the end of the days walk
- Entry/Admission - Hartz Mountains National Park
- Entry/Admission - Hartz Peak
Tasmanian Travel & Information Centre, 16-20 Davey St, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
Hobart TAS, Australia
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the See Tasmania Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.