Journey into the Aboriginal creation stories of the Anangu – the indigenous people of Cave Hill – on a day tour from Ayers Rock. See the creation story of the Seven Sisters, told through the ancient rock art of Cave Hill, one of Central Australia’s most significant Aboriginal rock-art sites. Hear stories handed down by elders over the generations, and take a unique look through the eyes of the indigenous people into their history and culture. This once-in-a-lifetime experience is limited to just 11 participants, ensuring you’ll enjoy a small-group atmosphere with your guide.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Ayers Rock Resort, 170 Yulara Dr, Yulara NT 0872, Australia
Start your 200km journey down into the Pitjantjatjara Lands of central Australia for a cultural immersion experience exploring the Aboriginal songlines (stories) of the creation ancestors. Along the journey the guide will give provide you with a more indepth understanding of the culture and the local Anangu people.
Stop At: Mount Conner, Petermann, Northern Territory Australia
Along the journey to Cave Hill you will drive past Mt Conner. From the Lasseter Highway down to Cave Hill you will be travelling on red dirt roads keeping your eyes peeled on the roadside for kangaroos, camels, cows, lizards and birds.
On arrival we will be greeted by our Anangu host. The Anangu are the traditional owners of Cave Hill, where the Seven Sisters Tjukurpa (Creation Stories) takes place. They are responsible for maintaining this chapter of the Songline lying within the boundaries of their traditional homeland – a story that has been maintained since the beginning of time.
The highlight of the tour is the magnificent cave paintings - possibly the most significant art site in Central Australia. The drama of the Seven Sisters creation story is graphically illustrated on the ceiling of the cave. Climb to the top of Cave Hill to admire a 360-degree panoramic view of the surrounding countryside, including Uluru 100kms away, Mt Conner and the imposing Musgrave Ranges.
Note: This itinerary can change at late notice due to cultural reasons, weather conditions or other conditions beyond our control.
The tour can not guarantee return time to meet any other tours booked including resort dinner tour.
Aboriginal Hosts are traditional people with strong cultural obligations. When cultural events occur an Aboriginal Host may not be available and this is beyond the control of SEIT Outback Australia.
Touring not suitable for infants under 5 years of age
Duration: 4 hours
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- The itinerary is subject to change due to cultural, weather or other conditions beyond our control.
- Please advise of any particular dietary requirements at the time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Aboriginal Hosts are traditional people with strong cultural obligations. When cultural events occur an Aboriginal Host may not be available and this is beyond the control of SEIT Outback Australia.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Travel by 4WD
- Local and indigenous guides
- Morning tea and picnic lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- 1 bottle water and refill
- Entry/Admission - Mount Conner
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Car Seat Fee for infants (0-4 years - mandatory in all Australian vehicles - supplied by tour company only) AUD$60 - payable direct
9 hours 30 minutes
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the SEIT Outback Australia in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.