Experience the mystic morning serenity of one of Australia’s most spiritual places! Travel to the massive rock domes of Kata Tjuta (the Olgas) and marvel as they change colors in the light of the rising sun! Enjoy an outback picnic breakfast and a walking tour of the magnificent Walpa Gorge! Traveling in a small group, with no more than 11 participants, allows for an intimate and personalized experience.
About This Deal
Prior to sunrise, your guide will take you on a journey through a striking desert landscape to the entrance of the Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park. As the sun begins to color the horizon, you’ll travel 40km (25 mi) through the parks breathtaking scenery to the massive, domed rock formations of Kata Tjuta.
As the desert landscape comes alive with the sunrise, your guide will lead you to the best spot in order to watch the 36 rock domes turn dramatic shades of red and orange. Following this magnificent, awe-inspiring experience, you will walk to the western side of Kata Tjuta for a delicious, outback picnic breakfast. Listen for the sounds of the desert as you enjoy your meal, and soak in the peaceful aura of one of Earth’s most amazing natural monuments.
After breakfast, your tour continues to Walpa Gorge. Here, your guide will tell you about how Kata Tjuta and the surrounding rock monuments came to be over eon upon eon of constant weathering. Take time to listen to the wind (Walpa) far above and view the scale of the rock walls that surround you. The spirituality of this amazing location embraces everyone who ventures here.
Following your 5-hour journey, your guide will return you to your Ayers Rock Resort hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Maximum group size - 11 participants
- Please advise of any particular dietary requirements at the time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Transport by air-conditioned Mercedes Benz Sprinter
- Professional guide
- Outback picnic breakfast
- 1 bottle water and refill
- National Park Entry Fee ($25 per adult/$12.50 per child (5-15 years) - valid for 72 hours) - payable direct
- Car Seat for infants (0-4 years) - mandatory for vehicles in the Northern Territory - $60 payable direct
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the SEIT Outback Australia in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.