Join a traditional owner of Uluru, a member of the Uluru family, on this seven-hour afternoon cultural tour to their homelands, Patji. Spend time learning about the oldest living culture in the world as you travel on remote bush tracks and stop at fascinating and historically significant sites along the way. Join them for afternoon tea round the campfire and hear how they survived in this desert environment before tourism started in the region. Continue on to a private sand dune to marvel at the expanse of the desert overlooking Uluru and Kata Tjuta while enjoying light refreshments at sunset.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Red Centre, Northern Territory
Accompany the Traditional Uluru Family to their homelands called Patji and spend time learning about the oldest living culture
in the world. A unique and exclusive touring experience, Patji is located just outside of Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park south of Uluru. Explore this extraordinary environment by 4WD with your Aboriginal guide, stopping along the journey to hear stories such as how Paddy Uluru fought for Aboriginal land rights to where Uluru is today. The Uluru family will share their personal story with you during this authentic cultural experience. Join them for afternoon tea under a remote shelter to hear how they survived in this desert environment before tourism started in the region. continue on to a private sand dune to view the great expanse of the desert overlooking Uluru and Kata Tjuta enjoying sunset with drinks and light snacks.
Summer itinerary includes morning tea and lunch
Winter itinerary includes afternoon tea, non-alcoholic sunset drinks and light snacks.
Duration: 7 hours
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Maximum 10 participants
- Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park tickets are NOT required for this tour
- Please wear covered shoes, full brimmed hat and bring sunscreen
- Please bring bottled water
- Please advise any particular dietary requirements at the time of booking
- Tour not suitable for infants under 5 years of age
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Services of a professional driver/guide
- Touring in modern air-conditioned 4WD vehicles
- Aboriginal host
- Afternoon tea
- Sunset drinks (non-alcoholic) and light snacks
- Water to refill bottles on all vehicles
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the SEIT Outback Australia in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.