Your journey begins by delving into history with a Shrine Tour. Uncover the captivating narrative that draws together a compelling chronicle of this unique monument's historical and cultural significance.
After your tour take the time to recharge with an exclusive tasty tiffin catered by Jardin Tan. With a Tour and a Tiffin experience your selection of gourmet treats are specially encased in a stainless-steel tiffin, making it your decision on whether you eat in at the renowned Jardin Tan restaurant or picnic-style within the historical Royal Botanic Gardens. Your tiffin inclusions are substantial enough to be enjoyed as a lunch or afternoon tea. Tiffins are collected from and returned to Jardin Tan.
What You'll Get
Meet your Tour Guide at the Shrine's Visitor Centre information desk at your nominated tour time.
Your tour will begin and finish in the Shrine Visitor Centre and include:
• The Garden Courtyard with lesser known views of the Shrine’s North-Western corner
• Explanation of the distinctive architectural features, statues, poignant inscriptions and building design from the Western steps
• The history surrounding the Southern steps of the Shrine, uncovering the significance of this vantage point often overlooked by casual visitors to the Shrine.
• A visit to the Sanctuary via the grand bronze doors to experience the Ray of Light Ceremony
• Stunning views of the memorial gardens, the City of Melbourne and surrounds from the Balcony
• The Shrine's Crypt to understand more about the many years of history encapsulated in this small space
• A tour of the Galleries to learn some of the astounding acts of valor, fascinating personal histories, and artifacts on display.
• A visit to the interactive Peace Wall display before your tour concludes back at the Shrine Visitor CentreAfter your tour cross Birdwood Avenue and take the short walk to Jardin Tan Café located next to the Royal Botanic Gardens Visitor Centre. Decide your preference on eating inside or outside to enjoy your tiffin treats.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- The Shrine is wheelchair accessible except for the Balcony area.
- Shrine tours are not suited to people with mobility issues, wheelchairs, walking frames, or reliant on crutches.
- Shrine tours involve a moderate amount of walking including a large number of stairs
- Walking shoes and a hat during the warmer months as some of the tour takes in some of the Shrine's exterior. Please note, as a sign of respect, hats should be removed in the Sanctuary.
- Tiffin food inclusions are chef's selection and subject to availability and seasonality.
- Dietary requirements can be accommodated with 24 hours notice.
- Closed Good Friday and Christmas Day
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- All tour participants receive a 10% discount when making purchases from the Shrine Gift Shop.
- Professional guide
- Tiffin lunch/afternoon tea from Jardin Tan. Options are chef's selection based on seasonality.
- Sample menu of chef's selection of: Cold grilled curry chicken salad with slaw sandwich on white bread Marinated prawns dressed in firecracker with cucumber and spring onions sandwich on white bread Open faced small bahn xeo Rice paper roll or spring roll Crab salad in lettuce cups Scone Vietnamese inspired sweets
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Tiffins must be collected and returned to Jardin Tan at agreed time
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Snacks (available for purchase)
- Non-alcoholic beverages (available for purchase)
2 to 3 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Shrine of Remembrance in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.