Skydive directly over North Wollongong Beach with a professional tandem master, jumping from an altitude of up to 15,000 feet. Experience the ultimate thrill of a one-minute free fall, then soak up coastal views of Wollongong and the Southern Sydney beaches while you drift down for a few more minutes under the parachute canopy. This small-group experience, limited to eight skydivers, includes round-trip coach transport from Sydney, which is located just one hour from the drop zone.
What You'll Get
Make your way to the drop zone in Stuart Park, located just one hour south of Sydney CBD. Alternatively, get picked up at North Wollongong railway station or from selected locations around Sydney including Coogee Beach, Bondi Beach, Kings Cross or the Wake Up! Sydney Hostel.
Start with professional training from a qualified tandem master and learn what to expect on your skydive. After you suit up — the gear includes a harness and skydiving goggles — settle into the plane for a quick flight. Spectators can hang out in the viewing area to watch the skydivers, or even fly up with you for an additional fee (advise upon booking).
When you reach maximum altitude, psych yourself up for a jump that has you free-falling for 60 seconds at insane speeds. When your tandem master pulls the parachute cord, you'll float under a colorful canopy for an additional 5- to 7-minute parachute ride to the ground. It's a good time to catch your breath and soak up the coastal views of Wollongong, the Southern Sydney beaches, Royal National Park and Illawarra.
You’ll land next to one of the best surfing beaches in New South Wales. You'll be close to cafes, restaurants, cycling and walking paths, swimming pools, picnic and BBQ facilities, Wollongong Harbour and more if you want to hang out. Alternatively, take provided transportation back to the North Wollongong railway station or Sydney.
Each sky diver receives a commemorative skydive certificate. You can also buy video and photo packages.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Maximum weight over 240 pounds (110 kgs) on application
- Surcharge will apply to persons 209 pounds (95kgs) and over
- Minimum age 12 years is subject to approval, if under 18 years, a written parental/guarding consent will be required
- Spectator can travel for $20 on the transfer with the person who is doing the skydive. Please advise at the time of booking in the special requirements field that there will also be a spectator.
- Please note: If you are jumping on a public holiday there is an additional fee of $40 payable direct
- Please note for 11am skydive only: Pick-up times are subject to change. You must reconfirm your pick-up time 24-hours prior to your departure time
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Professional training from highly trained tandem masters
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Commemorative skydive certificate, loyalty rewards card and bumper sticker (received on the day of jump)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Video and photo packages (optional)
- Food and drinks
- 35 Australian Parachute Federation Levy and Administration Fee
2 to 8 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Skydive Sydney-Wollongong in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.