Curated to uncover the Barossa's most endearing tales of pioneering success in an otherwise barren landscape, this is a private Barossa wine journey designed to impress. From start to finish this is an experience with purpose, to share with our guests the hidden stories and amazing wines that have made the Barossa the world-class destination it is now renown. Not only that, but you'll help decide to uncover your own unique corner of this vast wine country.
Rediscover famous international brands, pioneering history, local stories of triumph, fabulous seasonal dining, and stunning scenery on this private Barossa wine tour like no other!
About This Deal
Stop At: Mengler's Hill Lookout Sculpture Park, Mengler Hill Road, Angaston, South Australia Australia
You'll take in the views over the Barossa Valley at this lookout as your guide introduces you to the Barossa Valley, it's districts, and geological formations.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Yalumba, 40 Eden Valley Rd, Angaston, South Australia 5353 Australia
Tour the grounds with a Yalumba educator visiting places like the working cooperage, the Signiature Cellar, and the distillery, all while learning about this pioneering family of Barossa entrepreneurs.
Sit down to a hosted tasting of their signiature wines across the range, as guided by your Yalumba wine educator. You'll taste a variety of wines from whites to reds and even 20 year old tawny port.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Harvest Kitchen, 284 Magnolia Rd, Vine Vale SA 5352, Australia
For lunch you'll be treated to a truly Barossan meal sourced from local farmers and prepared by expert local chefs at Harvest Kitchen. With amazing views acrosss the vineyards, this will be a great opportunity to relax and take it all in as a selection of favourites are brought to your table to share. Your choice of local wine, beer, or soft drink included.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: 730 Seppeltsfield Rd, Seppeltsfield, South Australia 5355 Australia
At Seppeltsfield you'll learn of another pioneering Barossan family story, starting in their family homestead and ending in their prized Centenary Cellar. Here your tour culminates with a Taste Your Birth Year Experiene, where you'll try a vintage port harvested in the year of your birth, drawn directly from the barrel.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Penfolds Barossa Valley Cellar Door, Beckwith Park, 30 Tanunda Rd, Nuriootpa, South Australia 5355 Australia
Your tour ends with a visit to iconic Penfolds winery. Easily Australia's most well-known premium wine brand, it's home to the Penfold's Grange - a premium Shiraz-blend that sells for around $900 a bottle. Here you'll try a selection of their powerful wines from across the range.
Duration: 1 hour
• Spiced chickpeas and local marinated olives
• House-made sourdough and churned butter with labneh
• Ancient Grain salad with preserved lemon, pomegranate, and fresh herbs
• Slow braised beef cheek in jus with creamy polenta
• Roasted & spiced heirloom carrots with vache curd
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We are Certified COVID Safe as per Australian and South Australian Government regulations.
- This is a fully private tour
- Multi-course lunch with wine
- All wine tasting and tour fees
- Bottled water onboard
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Luxury vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Yalumba
- Entry/Admission - Harvest Kitchen
- Entry/Admission - Seppeltsfield
- Entry/Admission - Penfolds Barossa Valley Cellar Door
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from your downtown Adelaide or Barossa accommodation.
Adelaide pick-up at 09:15am.
Barossa pick-up at approx 10:10am.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Small Batch Wine Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.