To locals and fans afar she is affectionately known as ‘The White Queen‘. Don’t just wonder as you drive by – yes, you can join a tour!
Every Day– We run guided tours at 11am, 12 noon, 1pm and 2pm, which will take 30- 45 minutes of your time. Participants must be at least 5 years old.
Our tour guides will introduce you to a life of maritime responsibility, engineering perfection, a pristine Marine Sanctuary, cultural connections, the famous setting for the TV series ‘Round the Twist’ and ‘MASTERCHEF’ as well as stunning, ever-changing 360 degree coastal vistas.
Whether you want to step back in maritime, forward in coastal conservation or capture the now with a perfect snapshot, this is a stop worth every minute.
What You'll Get
As part of the tour your local guide will introduce you to the history of the lighthouse and the shipping of the area. The tour covers the construction and function of the lighthouse, the colorful history of the lighthouse keepers and how the light has changed over time. We have an awesome collection of historical local photographs that complements the tour and depicts what life was like in the area when the lighthouse was permanently manned. The tour then enters the lantern room and then out onto the balcony for the spectacular 360 degree views of the Great Ocean Road, Eagle Rock Marine Sancuary and the Otways
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- 1. Children must be over the age of 5 years (for safety requirements)
- 2. An adult must accompany all children under age 10
- 3. Appropriate footwear must be worn. Thongs, sandals without heel straps and high heels are not safe to wear in the lighthouse
- 4. A moderate level of fitness is required as the lighthouse climb is quite strenuous
- 5. Not recommended for participants who suffer vertigo or claustrophobia
- 6. People with pacemakers and similar medical technology should not take a tour as they can be affected by telecommunication equipment housed in the lighthouse
- 7. A maximum of 10 participants are taken on each tour
- 8. Free parking is available in the car park at the end of Federal street. The lighthouse is then a 3 minute walk. Please make sure you do not park in a non standing zone as parking inspectors do frequent the area.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Transportation to/from attractions
30 to 45 minutes
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Split Point Lighthouse Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.