Take a small-group guided adventure to the Blue Mountains on this fun, active day trip from Sydney. You'll have the chance to spot Australian wildlife such as kangaroos, see stunning waterfalls, go on a walk through the epic landscape of the Blue Mountains, enjoy a light lunch, swim at a beautiful swimming hole (summer only), and finish the day with a well-earned drink. Pickup is included from central Sydney backpacker hostels.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wentworth Falls, New South Wales 2780 Australia
Head to the stunning Wentworth Falls, and admire the views from above from the purpose built platforms. Then we descend to the base, on a 1.5-2 hour return hike. Along the way, you'll see more beautiful views from various lookouts. At the base, cool off by dipping your toes in the icy water, or just relax and take in the scenery. Then we'll hike back up to the top, which is a rewarding exercise!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: The Three Sisters, Echo Point road Echo Point, Katoomba, New South Wales 2780 Australia
Check out one of the most famous formations of the Blue Mountains region. Learn the story behind the rocks, and why this monument is special to the indigenous Aboriginal people. You'll also have the change to look through an Aboriginal art gallery, and learn about their unique style of painting.,
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Euroka NSW 2440, Australia
We'll head into Euroka, a wildlife sanctuary and camping ground, to see if we can find some iconic Australian animals. Keep an eye out for kangaroos, kookaburras, cockatoos and wallabies, as well as various lizards. Enjoy a cold drink of your choice here (beer, cider, soft drink).
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Blue Mountains, Blue Mountains, New South Wales
We'll take you to different lookout points over the Blue Mountains. Stand on a ridgeline and look down into Jamison Valley, where you can really see why they call them the Blue Mountains! Depending on the weather and season, you may be able to take a swim in a lovely watering hole.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 18 years
- A 2-hour walk is included, so it is recommended that you wear decent walking shoes (sneakers/trainers); a medium level of fitness is required
- Bring water, camera and a day pack
- Bring swimsuit and towel in summer (Nov - March)
- Vegetarian option available; please advise when booking
- A maximum of 5 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- National Park fees
- Light lunch
- Hostel pickup (select hostels only)
- Beer, wine, or soft drink
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Wake Up! Sydney, 509 Pitt St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Stray Australia in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.