Highlights This is the perfect experience to show the best of what Sydney has to offer as you discover the coves within Port Jackson. Perfect for team building or corporate eventsBring your swimmers, towels, hats and sunglasses – we will take you to a secluded bay where you can swim and enjoy the tranquil harbourYou will cruise the world famous harbour aboard a classic wooden sailboat, Ellen R has been meticulously restored to her original splendour. Built by Norman R. Wright & Sons in 1958 you will be transported back into a time of elegance, grace and style – be entertained by Captain Stu – with his many and various stories about life on Sydney Harbor (though you can tell him if you don’t want any commentary)Captain Stu will ensure that you have the best views of the harbour on his way towards the heads– (and he will even turn his hand to taking a few pics) of you both to make sure you capture the moment.
What You'll Get
• Your own exclusive use of a classic 40 foot wooden cruiser built in 1958 by Norman R Wright & Sons and designed by Ron Wright. She was fully restored in 2017.
• Experienced skipper to guide you to the best vantage points to view the city of Sydney, Opera House, Harbour Bridge and Fort Denison.
• You provide your own food and drinks for this charter
• A selection of soft drinks, water and teas will be available too
• This makes a great small team work event
• Plenty of stories about the history of Sydney – it’s characters, icons and maritime mysteries.
• Starting in Mort Bay this experience cruises past Goat Island Sydney Harbour, then heads under the Harbour Bridge to Farmers Cove, (Botanical Gardens and Opera House) past Fort Denison, across to Taronga Zoo before heading towards the heads stopping at an inlet of your choice for your lunch – then returns to Mort Bay.
• Catering available by arrangement at a per person fee (can include drinks)
• Two additional people possible by request for an additional per person fee
This experience departs at 11.00am – 3.30 pm (4.5 Hours) 1.5 hour cruising and 3 hours anchored for lunch / relaxation . Available Tuesday - Sunday (excludes public holidays).
Numbers on the Day
This experiences is valid for eight people. You will have exclusive use of your own private wooden with skipper and crew. You can add an extra person for an additional fee at time of confirmation directly with the supplier ($100 pp maximum 2 additional - ie 10 in total)
Our job is to make sure you are comfortable – you can be completely undercover and enclosed so even in winter this is a lovely experience. In summer there is a deck to lounge on. The experience provider is happy to reschedule for another time if it is very windy, or raining.
Comfortable clothing is recommended please bring jackets – even on hot days it can be chilly on the water if there is a breeze. And flat white soled shoes (though bare feet are welcome too)
Special dietary requirements such as gluten free or vegetarian can be accommodated. Please advise at time of booking.
Pick up from public wharf on Mort Bay at the end of Yeend Street Birchgrove Balmain. This experience cruises Port Jackson (Sydney Harbour) under the Harbour Bridge to Farmers Cove, (Botanical Gardens and Opera House) past Fort Denison, across to Taronga Zoo – then returns to Mort Bay. There is plenty of free street parking (or it is $20 cab from Sydney CBD) or a ferry from Circular Quay to Balmain Wharf. Alternate pick up can be arranged for a $50 fee
Latitude and Longitude for Yeend St (Birchgrove) (coordinates of the marker on the map): -33.853251,151.188304
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Dress code is smart casual
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Afternoon tea
- Bottled water
- Food tasting
- Light refreshments
- Catering by agreement and separate purchase agreement - cost recovery
- Alcohol by agreement and separate purchase agreement - cost recovery
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Yeend Street public jetty, on the east side of Ballast Point Park, Mort Bay, Birchgrove, NSW 2041
11:00 am to 6pm
Yeend Street, public jetty, Ballast Point Park, Birchgrove NSW 2041
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Sydney Harbour Water Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.