This tour to Australia's World Heritage–listed Blue Mountains encompasses all manner of excitement, from a helicopter flight high above the rainforest canopy to a ground tour by 4-wheel-drive vehicle. You'll see the Blue Mountains from top to bottom, passing by sheer cliff faces and exploring the forest floor and caves. Admire rock formations, deep canyons, and the occasional kangaroo in Megalong Valley, and take short walks to complement your experience with an ecologist guide. This 6-hour ecotourism-accredited tour includes lunch, refreshments, and hotel pickup in central Sydney for the ride to the heliport.
What You'll Get
Your Blue Mountains adventure begins with pickup from hotels in the Sydney city center for the 20-minute minibus ride to the heliport, where you'll check in for your helicopter flight.
Listen to a comprehensive safety briefing in the spacious lounge area, and then hop aboard the helicopter. All scenic flights are recorded in real time using an onboard video system incorporating internal and external cameras, as well as a recording of your pilot's commentary and air traffic control interaction. (This video of you and your fellow passengers is available for purchase after the flight.)
Upon takeoff, enjoy panoramic views of the Sydney skyline, Pacific Ocean. and Port Botany. Within five minutes, your pilot will have you out over Sydney Harbour, flying past icons such as the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House before heading west, following the Parramatta River to Blue Mountains National Park, where you'll touchdown at Katoomba Airfield in the Australian bush.
Your rocks to rainforest 4WD tour starts here, where you'll meet your eco-guide and board a luxury 4-wheel-drive vehicle for the chance to experience the remote wilderness of the Blue Mountains UNESCO World Heritage area. As you're taken away from the typical tourist destinations, you can decide if you want to stay in the vehicle during this journey, or hop out to take a short bush walk with your guide. You'll have views of escarpments, rock formations, deep canyons, ancient rainforest landscapes, and maybe even a kangaroo in Megalong Valley.
Then enjoy a gourmet sandwich lunch in either a cave or in the rainforest, depending on the weather that day. Return to your helicopter for the flight back to Sydney, reflecting on the new sights, experiences, and wealth of knowledge you gained about the Blue Mountains and the native vegetation and wildlife.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- We operate Robinson helicopters that have a maximum seat limitation of 135kg (297lbs), passengers in excess of this weight will be required to fly in the Eurocopter helicopter and may incur additional cost subject to the number of passengers travelling.
- All passengers will be weighed upon check in.
- Bookings for two where the combined total is 200kg or more in total must book a private flight (for additional cost and payable direct to the supplier).
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- All flights are sold on a shared basis where up to 6 passengers may be travelling on the helicopter. Single passenger bookings are welcome however all flights require a minimum of 2 passengers to depart.
- If you have an infant (a passenger under 3 years), you will be required to book a private flight for additional cost.
- Helicopters are collapsible wheelchair accessible, however the pilot is unable to assist passengers with boarding and disembarking due to occupational, health and safety regulations.
- Courtesy transfer is available from selected City hotels. Once accommodation details are provided we will arrange the closest available option to where you are staying.
- You will receive confirmation of your flight time and scheduled pickup time from a City hotel (if required) via email.
- If you do not require transfer or are staying in an area outside the City you can make your own way to our base, check-in is 30 minutes prior to the confirmed departure time.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Picnic lunch
- Helicopter ride
- Commentary on board
- Refreshments before and after flight
- Certified ecologist guide for 4WD tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (select hotels only)
- Round-trip minibus transfer
- In-flight video recording with three camera views and cockpit dialogue (available for purchase)
This tour departs from the heliport at the Sydney airport, a 20-minute transfer from hotels in the Sydney central business district
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Sydney HeliTours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.