Indulge in a day of luxury and treat someone special to an amazing wining and dining experience. Fly from Sydney to the famed Hunter Valley by helicopter, with spectacular aerial views of the Sydney Opera House, iconic landmarks and coastline. Enjoy a wine tasting and a three-course gourmet lunch at an award-winning restaurant.
About This Deal
This morning you will fly to the Hunter Valley, renowned for its wine and stunning scenery. On arrival at the Sydney Airport helipad, you'll receive a safety briefing and have plenty of time to take photos before boarding your flight. During the flight you will be able to hear the pilot point out all the must-see sights and talk to each other through your headset.
The one-hour helicopter flight to the Hunter Valley takes you over Sydney’s iconic landmarks and harbour, with amazing views of the Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge, then follows the coastline along the northern beaches to Palm Beach. As Pittwater emerges below, the flight heads inland to the Hawkesbury River and Brisbane Waters, before passing over the Central Coast to eventually land amongst the famed vineyards of the Hunter Valley.
Enjoy a wine tasting and sample some terrific wines the Hunter is renowned for, including crisp Semillon’s and ripe Shiraz. Then take time out for lunch among vines at an award-winning restaurant. While you sip a glass from you complimentary bottle of wine the chef will prepare a three-course gourmet lunch using the best local and seasonal produce.
Your decadent day ends with your return helicopter flight to Sydney -- with even more stunning aerial views!
Please note: The restaurant and lunch menu are subject to change. In the event that Talavera Grove is unavailable, an equally suitable lunch and wine tasting destination will be included.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- We operate Robinson helicopters that have a maximum seat limitation of 135kg (297lbs), passengers in excess of this weight will be required to fly in the Eurocopter helicopter and may incur additional cost subject to the number of passengers travelling.
- All passengers will be weighed upon check in.
- Bookings for two where the combined total is 200kg or more in total must book a private flight (for additional cost and payable direct to the supplier).
- All flights are sold on a shared basis where up to 6 passengers may be travelling on the helicopter. Single passenger bookings are welcome however all flights require a minimum of 2 passengers to depart.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- If you have an infant (a passenger under 3 years), you will be required to book a private flight for additional cost.
- Helicopters are collapsible wheelchair accessible, however the pilot is unable to assist passengers with boarding and disembarking due to occupational, health and safety regulations.
- Courtesy transfer is available from selected City hotels. Once accommodation details are provided we will arrange the closest available option to where you are staying.
- You will receive confirmation of your flight time and scheduled pickup time from a City hotel (if required) via email.
- If you do not require transfer or are staying in an area outside the City you can make your own way to our base, check-in is 30 minutes prior to the confirmed departure time.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- Helicopter tour, roundtrip from Sydney to the Hunter Valley
- Three-course lunch
- Wine tasting
- Live commentary by pilot
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Tea or coffee
Selected Sydney hotels
Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport, Mascot
CBD hotel pick up times commence from approximately 10:30 am. Helicopter departure time is approximately 11:30 am
Returns to original departure point at approximately 4:30pm
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Sydney HeliTours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.