What you see on-stage is only half the story.
Sweep back the curtains and explore behind-the-scenes with an intimate small-group Backstage Tour. Breakfast in the exclusive domain of our performers, journey through rehearsal spaces not open to the public, and be tantalised with insider secrets from our expert guides.
Go behind the scenes of the iconic Sydney Opera House on a Backstage Tour of one of the world's most famous performing arts centers! You'll gain exclusive access to areas of the Sydney Opera House that are normally reserved for staff and performers, including the stage and dressing rooms, while hearing from your expert guide about the real-life dramas that go on behind the curtain. To top off your morning, enjoy a full Australian Breakfast in our world famous Green Room.
What You'll Get
Visit: Sydney Opera House, Bennelong Point Easy walk from Circular Quay Train Station, Sydney, New South Wales 2000 Australia
Meet your small-group Tour Guide early in the morning to ensure that you can see the inner sanctum areas; access is restricted later in the day. Get a peek into the goings on backstage as you check out rehearsal space's and dressing rooms. You may even catch a glimpse of actors, dancers or musicians as they warm up!
Then, walk onstage where countless superstars have performed, taking in the Sydney Opera House from their perspective. You may also want to step onto the conductor's podium and view the orchestra section.
Throughout the morning, your knowledgeable guide shares industry secrets and insider stories about life backstage, as well as the history of the UNESCO World Heritage-listed building.
After touring backstage, tuck into a full continental breakfast served in the Green Room — the exclusive domain of performers and staff. Ask further questions and hear more stories as you enjoy a hearty meal. Choose from several hot and cold dishes with options for different dietary needs.
Performing arts fans of all stripes will relish the chance to experience the inner workings of the world's most iconic performing arts center! The tour is a walking tour and does contain approx 300 stairs.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age to participate is 10 years old
- Please note: There are over 300 steps on this tour, a moderate level of physical fitness is required to participate on the tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Due to safety requirements - fully covered enclosed rubber soled shoes must be worn for the duration of the tour
- Please meet your tour guide at the Sydney Opera House Stage Door at 6:45am - your tour will commence at 7:00am sharply
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Behind the scenes tour - with a professional guide
- Breakfast - Full hot breakfast with tea or coffee
- Entry/Admission - Sydney Opera House
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Sydney Opera House, Bennelong Point Easy walk from Circular Quay Train Station, Sydney, New South Wales 2000 Australia
2 hours 30 minutes
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Sydney Opera House in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.