See Sydney from the air aboard a historic Sydney seaplane. Enjoy the spectacular views from the Sydney Harbour Bridge to Bondi Beach on a 15 minute scenic seaplane flight. Your flight takes off and lands at Rose Bay on Sydney Harbour, five miles (eight kilometers) from the Sydney city center. You have the option to include lunch at Catalinas, one of Sydney’s best harbor side restaurants.
What You'll Get
Rose Bay was the site of Australia's first international airport. From 1938, flying boats, including the famous catalinas took off and landed from this Sydney harbor side suburb. Relive the nostalgia of the 1930s with a 15 minute scenic flight aboard an immaculately restored seaplane.
From Rose Bay, fly over Sydney from the harbor to the sea, where you will marvel at the stunning sandstone cliffs rising abruptly from the water. You'll then fly above the world-famous Bondi Beach, where your pilot will maneuver the aircraft so that all on board have great views of the scores of surfers waiting for the next big wave.
From Bondi head back to the harbor to climb to 1,000 feet (305 meters) for a truly stunning view of Sydney. You'll complete a circuit above the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House, for unforgettable photo opportunities of the two famous icons.
On your descent back to Rose Bay your pilot will point out the beautiful houses of the rich and famous that punctuate the waterfront, before gently landing on Sydney Harbour.
You then have the option to combine your Sydney scenic flight by seaplane an a la carte 3-course lunch at Catalina Restaurant.
Situated next to the Seaplane Base in Rose Bay, the award winning Catalina Restaurant is a wonderful space offering unobstructed water-level views of Sydney Harbour. Catalina Restaurant combines great food, unobtrusive but attentive service, outstanding Australian and imported wines, and a modern uncluttered space in an unparalleled location on Sydney Harbour.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Confirmation of this tour will be received at time of booking
- Minimum 2 adult passengers for this tour
- Flight cancellations due to weather will be rescheduled for an alternative day
- Passengers are reminded that all baggage and personal belongings are carried entirely at the passengers own risk
- All passengers weights must be advised at time of booking
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- Guided Commentary
- 15-minute seaplane flight over Bondi Beach, Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House
- Three course a la carte lunch at Catalina Restaurant (if option selected)
- Australian Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Beverages with lunch unless specified
Sydney Seaplanes, Lyne Park, Rose Bay NSW 2029, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Sydney Seaplanes in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.