Looking to discover the famous Cradle mountain and the Ancient forests of the Tarkine? then this is the tour for you.
An ideal tour to experience Tasmania’s wild and remote west. We aim to stay away from the crowds. Experience the Tarkine rainforests and serene Pieman river. Let us reveal the best way to see Tasmanians iconic Cradle Mountain
This tour starts and finishes in Launceston - 3 Days and 2 Nights Camping / Safari Tents and Walking Tour
About This Deal
Day 1 Launceston to Cradle Mountain
Tour starts approx 8.30am – Hotel pick ups by request
We make our way towards Cradle Valley and from there a short drive to Cradle Mountain where we can enjoy a range of walks. These can be tailored to meet the needs of the group but can range from a 2 hour classic Dove Lake circuit to walks of 4 to 5 hours in length. After exploring we make our way back to camp, get the fire going and relax as your guide will prepare a wholesome, hearty meal. Watch the stars and see if any of the local wildlife can bee seen from camp
Day 2 Cradle Mountain to Tarkine
Continuing our journey west we defend from the Cradle plateau towards the ancient cool temperate rainforests of the Tarkine. On the way there are choices for mountain lookout walks or wandering the rugged coastal scenery. Once in the Tarkine we will explore some of the many paths through the forest and meet some of the local wildlife around camp
Day 3 Tarkine to Launceston
An early start gives the best opportunity to experience the serene pieman river by canoe. Know for its amazing reflections, this 1 to 2 hour canoe tour is included in the price.
In the afternoon we will make our way back to Launceston to arrive about 5pm
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- All inclusive small group guided 5 Day active camping and walking tour exploring the Central and NW Tasmania. We encourage participation in duties around the camp like cooking and clean up from meals as we find this makes a great sense of team
- All food from lunch day 1 to lunch to day 3 included. Snacks and small amounts of alcohol are permitted or can be brought along the way. Transport, parks passes; camping and cooking equipment is provided. Sleeping bags and rain jackets available for hire
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- 2 nights accommodation
- Main meal from Lunch Day 1 to Lunch on Last Day
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Hotel Pick up or meet at
Aspire Adventure Equipment
Hotels in Launceston
Airport by arrangment
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tasmanian Safaris in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.