Take a short guided tour of the scenic Tamar river on pedal powered canoes. The unique Mirage drive foot powered flippers let your legs do all the hard work while your hands are free to steer and take photos.
About This Deal
Departing from the Launceston Seaport, you will be shown your canoe and fitted out with a life jacket. Your guide will explain how to use your peddle drives. Once everyone is ready, depart and look at the North Esk riverfront before venturing into the Tamar River.
You can stop to take photos of the historic scenery before making your way to Kings Bridge and the lower reaches of Launceston's famous Cataract Gorge. Slowly paddle up this natural gorge keeping an eye out for the local bird life. It is also very popular with local rock climbers.
Returning from the gorge you will explore more of the yacht mooring and dock yards and return back to base via the old silo towers that are being made into a luxury hotel.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- If canceled due to extreme weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Local guide
- All necessary equipment
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
1 hour 15 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tasmanian Safaris in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.