Wednesday is market day in Murwillumbah. Start the morning with an array of delicious French Pastries and coffee before heading to the markets to sample local produce and meet the farmers. From here, journey into the heart of the Tweed and to the base of Mt Warning for a tour of the gardens of Mavis's Kitchen, followed by a tasting plate of their signature dishes. After lunch enjoy a stunning drive through farmland and sugarcane to the Tweed Regional Gallery and Margaret Olley Art Centre, for a tour of the latest exhibitions accompanied with afternoon tea overlooking the majestic Tweed Valley.
What You'll Get
Your day commences at 9am, where we start our tour at Mantra on Salt in Kingscliff. Or if yoiu have rearranged hotel pickup from Byron Bay or the Gold Coast pickups will commence from 8am. Hotel pickup is offered from Byron at Byron, Elements, Paper Daisy, Sofitel Gold Coast and other hotels on request.
Your local guide will guide you through the tour in 9 seater vehicles, ensuring an intimate and holistic tour of the region. The first stop is at Ben's Patisserie, tucked away in Murwillumbah, where delectable French Pastries will start your day, before heading to the Murwillumbah Farmers Markets, where you will have a chance to meet with the local producers and learn about their farms and why the produce is so great in the Tweed.
Enjoy a scenic drive through the Tweed Valley to Mavis Kitchen, at the base of Mount Warning, where tasting plates of the best of the menu will be served to share over lunch with a guided walk through their stunning kitchen gardens. After lunch, enjoy the short drive to the Tweed Regional Gallery and Margaret Olley Art Centre, for a tour of the gallery, before relaxing for afternoon tea with the panoramic Tweed River and Valley as your backdrop. Your tour concludes at approx 4pm.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A maximum of 8 people per tour
- Vehicles are collapsible wheelchair accessible, however the driver is unable to assist passengers boarding and disembarking
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Bottled water
- Food tasting
- 1 glass of wine or beer with lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Tweed Regional Gallery & Margaret Olley Art Centre
- Personal goods purchased on tour
Mantra on Salt - Lobby
4pm Wednesday afternoon to Mantra at Salt, Kingscliff.
Transfers are available to the following hotels:
• Byron at Byron - Drop Off 5pm
• Elements - Drop Off 4.40pm
• Halcyon House - Drop Off 4.10pm
• Sofitel Broadbeach - Drop Off 5pm
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tasting Plate Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.