A one hour whale watching tour on our ecotour RIB. It is an amazing experience to see the migrating whales up close as they pass on their annual journey between the Antarctic and the warm waters of the Coral Sea. A Marine Biologist is on board to answer whale watching questions and help identify the species.
What You'll Get
When the whales are migrating we run a one hour tour to get out and enjoy the majestic sight of the passing whale fleet. It is an amazing experience to see the migrating whales up close as they pass on their annual journey between the Antarctic and the warm waters of the Coral Sea.
The whales pass close to the Terrigal Haven and it is usually a short trip to link up with their migration path. We often see whales breaching, tail slapping and fin slapping. A highlight is seeing a mother teaching a new calf these important life skills.
We follow in our purpose built Ecotour RIB at a respectful distance and have a Marine Biologist on board to answer any questions and to help identify the species. On most trips we will be gathering data for whale research programs.
Unfortunately people with limited mobility may not be able to board the vessel.
Children under 3 are not permitted due to safety regulations.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Wear clothing for an outdoor adventure, sunglasses, spray jacket and clothing that can get a little wet are highly recommended. It is always 5 - 10 Degrees colder on the water.
- Wear flat shoes with good grip, you have to climb in and out of a boat.
- Your safety comes first, tours are weather dependant. We may have to reschedule at short notice.
- If we cancel or relocate tours due to weather or factors beyond our control, you have the option of rescheduling or a full refund of any payment. We do not compensate for your travel costs to get to the location.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your trip. No refund will be issued if you are late. We will aim to get you on another trip but this will not always be possible.
- For Broken Bay tours please ensure that you pick up point is confirmed as either Ettalong or Hardys Bay.
- Unfortunately people with limited mobility may not be able to board the vessel.
- Children under 3 are not permitted due to safety regulations.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- We provide all safety equipment including life jackets.
- We do not provide any catering on this trip
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Terrigal Ocean Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.