Join a small-group 'Street Photography' adventure in Sydney's funky and alternative inner west suburb of Newtown, with its diverse mix of people set amongst a backdrop of street culture and street art, cool cafes, street merchants and grungy architecture. Your guide is a professional photographer who will teach you new photography skills and easy tips and techniques to improve your creative eye. Street photography is a genre of photography that examines the human condition in public spaces. You might be documenting an event or soaking up a cities spirit while traveling the globe, the focus of the image could range from an object, street art, a festival, architecture and of course people. You need quick reflexes, savvy observations skills as well as people skills. You will learn simple methods to help you create images with soul and impact as well as how to approach people and ask them to be the subject of your next inspiring street photo.
What You'll Get
Meet your professional guide at Cafe Newtown with your camera in hand and set off to discover the busy and colorful city suburb of Newtown. On this walking tour of Newtown Sydney you will discover urban landscape as you watch the streets come alive wandering street stalls, cafes, backstreets and lane-ways. You'll learn tips and tricks along the way as your almost one-on-one professional guide points out perfect photo opportunities.
Next, visit some of Newtowns old antique shops and charming eclectic specialty stores as you wander the streets. You'll come across some of Sydney's incredible street art as well as the local residents along the way. Your guide will take you through historic streets and lanes in search of inspiration and creativity before finishing your tour at approximately 2pm back in Cafe Newtown.
A DSLR, compact camera or smart phone is required. To achieve the most from this photography tour using a DSLR camera is recommended. Please bring the manual if you have one, as well as at least one memory card and a set of fully charged spare batteries.
During your tour, your photographer guide will cover the following points:
• How to improve your power of observation
• How to identify your ‘points of interest’
• Quality and properties of light
• Street awareness and etiquette
• Candid photography techniques
• How to predict and time a great moment
• Approaching people and requesting a portrait
• How to be inconspicuous
• Choice of camera equipment
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- If the weather looks like being unbearable we will contact you at least 90 minutes in advance and confirm the workshop will not operate. Otherwise, you should assume the workshop will operate as scheduled
- Minimum age is 15 years
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- All activities
- Professional photographer guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
329 King St, Newtown NSW 2042, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the The Aperture Club in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.