With a focus on 'street photography' this exciting 5-hour small group photography walking tour is a great introduction to Sydney's downtown area while enhancing your photography skills in the cool genre of street. Lead by a professional photographer you will be photographing stunning historical arcades and buildings, hip lanes, art installations, beautiful city parks and many of the people you meet along the way. Street photography features the human condition in public spaces and you will capture the cities personality and vibe while sharpening your observation skills and developing on your reflexes and people skills. With a few simple photo techniques your expert street photographer will help you create sensational high impact images to reflect your personal journey in this beautiful city.
What You'll Get
Sydney is a vibrant city best known for its iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Opera House. However, beyond the icons there is a diversity of people and a cool street art culture. A thriving metropolis, downtown Sydney is a hub of activity and has many characteristics and characters perfect for street photography - people, cafes, vendors, street merchants, buskers, pets, historical buildings, art installations and so much more.
On this 5-hour street photography tour you’ll discover the power of observation as well as the importance of attention to detail. Using basic methods, your photographer guide will open your photographers eye, and expose you to a whole new world as you begin to notice small details you otherwise would not have.
Next, your professional photographer guide will teach you how to create simple images using the rules of composition and placing lines, shapes and patterns, carefully within your frame.
You will be taught in a one-on-one environment, the skills required to approach interesting people and have them willingly pose for you.
Generally shot in a public place, street photography is the perfect opportunity to tell a story. The secret to this method of storytelling is to stay inconspicuous as you capture and observe 'real' life around you.
A DSLR, compact camera or smart phone is required. To achieve the most from this photography tour using a DSLR camera is recommended. Please bring the manual if you have one, as well as at least one memory card and a set of fully charged spare batteries.
During your tour, your photographer guide will cover the following points
• How to improve your power of observation
• How to identify your ‘points of interest’
• Quality and properties of light
• Street awareness and etiquette
• Candid photography techniques
• How to predict and time a great moment
• Approaching people and requesting a portrait
• How to be inconspicuous
• Choice of camera equipment
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- If the weather looks like being unbearable we will contact you at least 90 minutes in advance and confirm the workshop will not operate. Otherwise, you should assume the workshop will operate as scheduled
- Minimum age is 15 years
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Walking / Photo tour
- Professional photographer guide
- All activities
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Meeting Point: Parisi Café: street level, southern entrance of Queen Victoria Building, opposite Sydney Town Hall. We finish at 2 pm close to our starting place.
Proximity to the Sydney Town Hall
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the The Aperture Club in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.