Experience a 5-hour small group portrait photography experience with a professional photographer guide. Discover the secret to taking powerful, emotive portrait photographs using natural light. Working with a model, this hands-on learning experience takes place in the hip lane ways and back streets of Glebe and we also explore the extensive University of Sydney with its heritage and cutting edge contemporary architecture. Learn how to communicate and pose your model - an essential skill for any budding portrait photographer. Learn how to use the quality of the natural light to achieve a unique look. You will create images that are engaging and soulful using the unique backdrop that is Chippendale's street art and fading warehouse architecture.
What You'll Get
After meeting your photographer guide at the studio, take part in a quick overview of the creative controls and camera basics. Then, setup for your 5-hour portrait photography session.
Capture a moment in time during your 5-hour session as you challenge yourself by capturing the essence of your subject in the click of a button.
Discover the important decision-making processes as well as the technical aspects of composition and lighting. With an expert on hand, you’ll examine white balance icons and how changing the white balance affects the image. Learn about high and low contrast ranges to create mood and atmosphere as well as explore the use of bouncing and diffusing light and how to best shoot portraits in a variety of outdoor situations. Discover the best methods to communicate and pose the model while gaining confidence in directing and actualising your ideas.
A DSLR, compact camera or smart phone is required. To achieve the most from this photography tour using a DSLR camera is recommended. Please bring the manual if you have one, as well as at least one memory card and a set of fully charged spare batteries.
During your tour, your photographer guide will cover the following points:
• A quick overview on creative controls
• Memory, pixels, file sizes, and storage
• Fill Flash techniques
• How to diffuse and bounce light
• Understand the nature of light
• Exposing for highlight and for shadows
• Advanced and creative composition
• Lens perspective overview
• How to pose your subject
• How to work with your model and communicate your ideas
• Setting a mood and creating atmosphere
• How to pick your backgrounds and set a style
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- If the weather looks like being unbearable we will contact you at least 90 minutes in advance and confirm the workshop will not operate. Otherwise, you should assume the workshop will operate as scheduled
- Minimum age is 15 years
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Professional photographer guide
- All activities
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Meeting point: Glebe but please note we can alter the location but we will advise you with plenty of time to prepare.
We meet at a coffee shop - 33 Glebe Point Road, Glebe. The location is less than 5 minutes away from Broadway Shopping centre and Sydney University where there are plenty of buses or 10 minutes walk from Central Station. There is all day parking at Parramatta Road outside the university.
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the The Aperture Club in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.