The ultimate Tasmanian short break: This three-day walk takes you from Hobart, via private boat to Bruny Island. Eight guests are treated to coastal walks, produce direct from the source, luxury camping and exquisite meals.
About This Deal
• Step aboard your group's private boat on the Hobart waterfront and explore the river Derwent as you cruise to Bruny Island - this is the only alternative access to the long queues of the Bruny Island ferry.
• Enjoy a guided walk on Bruny Island’s east coast (12-kilometre return, 5-6hrs, no pack required).
• Cool off by wading out into the crystal clear waters of Great Bay and harvesting your own oysters.
• Sleep in a king size bed in a luxury tent and enjoy a hot shower at camp, set on a secluded 100-acres.
• Sit back and enjoy a glass of wine as your guides prepare dinner sourced from the island or in the waters surrounding it.
• Guided walk to East Cloudy Head (12-kilometre return, 5-6hrs, no pack required). for views of Bruny Island’s rugged South Coast and the Southern Ocean.
• Drop by neighbour Ross O’Meara’s farm (of Gourmet Farmer fame) and collect some ingredients for the evening’s meal.
• Gather round the fire with a glass of pinot from Tasmania’s Southernmost vineyard.
• As darkness descends on camp, watch as Tasmania’s unique nocturnal wildlife emergesDay 3
• Have some time to yourself and try to spot some of Bruny Island’s 150 species of birds (including all 12 Tasmanian endemics)
• Climb through ancient Gondwanan rainforest to the highest point of Bruny Island, Mt Mangana (4km, 3 hrs)
• Enjoy a multi-course lunch of Bruny Island produce and a farewell drink on the deck of The Jetty Cafe
• Farewell Bruny Island with a scenic boat return trip back to the Hobart waterfront
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- 2 nights accommodation - permanent tented cabins
- National Park fees
- Unlimited beer, wine and soft drinks
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Local & Professional guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Round-trip private transfer
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Accommodation in Hobart
- Emergency evacuation or emergency search charges (although highly unlikely)
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the The Bruny Island Long Weekend in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.