Explore some of Australias southern highlights on a refreshing private helicopter tour. Witness the breathtaking coastline that is the Great Ocean Road and 12 Apostles and be back in time for dinner. Head south over the iconic Mornington Peninsula wineries, boutique seaside townships, and the Great Ocean Road coastline. With its raw beauty, eroded cliff sides and pristine beaches, your destination, the 12 Apostles, is one of the most unique and scenic regions Australia has to offer. Here you’ll spend an hour or so enjoying your cheese and fruit platter, exploring the visitor information center, strolling the boardwalk/viewing platform, and immersing yourself in the endless supply of fresh southern air. Total flight time lasts approximately 3 hours and provides ample time to view the amazing scenery and allow for countless photo opportunities. The ideal day trip for couples or groups of 3.
What You'll Get
After meeting at Moorabbin Airport (please plan to arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled flight time), receive a short briefing from your pilot. Plug your favorite music into the helicopter entertainment system and enjoy the flight your way. Pilot tour commentary is an option or you can just sit back, relax, and soak up the atmosphere during the 3 hour flight.
Sights covered include the captivating Mornington Peninsula, countless examples of idyllic seaside lifestyle towns, wineries draped across the rolling landscape and raw natural coastlines. Fly adjacent to the Great Ocean Road and witness it bend and weave as it rides upon the balance that exists between ancient undulating native bushland and sheer cliff face that signals the stark beginning of Bass Strait.
Upon Arrival at Edge Helipad, spend a maximum of two hours creating your own experience at the 12 Apostles. Delight in the included fruit and cheese platter with refreshments, browse the information center which details the 12 Apostle's history, and cross the boardwalk viewing platform for additional fantastic views.
Your return flight covers an alternate route with new scenery and photo opportunities.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Due to weight balance and individual seat limitations of the aircraft, passengers weighing over 286 lbs (130 kgs) may not be able to fly due to weight restrictions
- Total combined passenger weight restriction of 564 lbs (256 kgs)
- Parents carrying an infant must not have a combined seat weight exceeding 297 lbs (135 kgs)
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given a new time & date for your flight
- Please dress appropriately. Warm clothing is recommended for cooler months
- Not accessible to wheelchairs
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- Professional pilot
- Cheese and fruit platter
- Live commentary on board (on request)
- Personal music entertainment system
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the The Helicopter Group in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.