In astronomy bigger is better, because the larger the telescope the better the views… and the further away you get to see.Our massive 2.3 m tall mobile telescope can show you the wonder and beauty of our universe in exquisite detail: from nearby star clusters to galaxies millions of light years away!Explore the rugged lunar landscape of deep craters and tall mountain ranges and see them appear close enough to touch. Enjoy views of faint and fascinating nebulas, a cluster of 10 million stars or a radio galaxy about 13 million light years away. Whether the moon is up or not, we will always show you the best views available on the night and share interesting facts about our universe. The Mobile Observatory - a window to the universe for those inspired by the extraordinary!
What You'll Get
Discover a world of wonder and beauty hidden among the stars when you spend the night exploring the universe with our massive 2.3 meter tall mobile observatory.
The secluded location away from the city lights and only 5 minutes from Margaret River, provides the perfect setting for our adventure. The benefit of having the telescope set up all night is that it allows us to see a range of celestial objects throughout the night, as planets and constellations rise over the horizon.
This is a chance to see some of our neighbouring planets which only rise early at night around the winter months. During our last All-night astronomy in the South West conditions were perfect and we saw a galaxy 200 million years ago... Can you imagine seeing with your own eyes light that has been travelling across the universe since the Jurassic era?
Cost includes camping site fees, coffee, tea and snacks throughout the night and late checkout. For those wanting to make the most of the beautiful location, our 2 night glamping package option will ensure your weekend is truly extraordinary!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for travelers with limited mobility.
- Not suitable for children under 12.
- Minimum height 1.4 metres
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Snacks - A range of sweet and savoury snacks available throughout the night
- Coffee and/or Tea - Tea/Coffee and hot chocolate available throughout the night
- Dinner - There is no dinner included or available. You may bring your own supper if needed.
Glenbrook Estate Campsite, 38 Darch Rd, Margaret River WA 6285, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the The Mobile Observatory - Margaret River Region in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.