Named 'Tasmania's Best Guided Tour' in 2018, a Gordon River Cruise takes you deep into the UNESCO Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area, to explore a place rich with natural histories and tales of human history. Cruise into this wild place aboard Spirit of the Wild, a custom-built vessel, equipped with electric motors to allow you to cruise quietly on the Gordon River and experience its true tranquility.
Enjoy a Chef-prepared menu that caters for all requirements, as well as dedicated on-board guides.
Cruise aboard Spirit of the Wild with the Tasmanian owned and operated Gordon River Cruises to be first on the river, giving you the best chance of seeing the famous reflections.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gordon River, Tasmania Australia
Cruise quietly in World Heritage wilderness aboard Spirit of the Wild, with her electric motors. The tranquility of this experience has to be experienced to be believed. Hear the stories of the river from our dedicated guides and step ashore at Heritage Landing for an interpretive tour of the ancient rain forest. On returning to your vessel, enjoy a Chef-prepared lunch on the river as you cruise for Sarah Island.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Sarah Island, Macquarie Harbor, Tasmania Australia
Step ashore at Sarah Island, a place once feared for its reputation as one of the meanest convict penal colonies in Tasmania. Hear the stories of the wild place with a guide who will take you back in time to the tales of hardship, heroes and villains. Sarah Island is a place that balances stunning scenery with a challenging and tangible history.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Gordon River Cruises, 24 The Esplanade, Strahan, Tasmania 7468 Australia
Returning to Strahan, enjoy complimentary tastings of local produce in the Gordon River Cruises terminal, as well as the opportunity to browse souvenirs and gifts for home before exploring the magic of the Strahan waterfront.
Duration: 15 minutes
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infants are free provided they do not occupy a seat
- Tour is wheelchair accessible on the Main Deck only. Motor scooters are not permitted due to size limitations
- About the boat: Spirit of the Wild features a unique hybrid propulsion system allowing you to cruise quietly on the Gordon River, as well as an environmentally designed hull to ensure minimal impact on the area’s pristine wilderness; inside, the vessel provides an optimal experience for passengers with interpretive facilities with maps, photographs and guidebooks, and plenty of deck space, including a 360° Viewing Deck at the top of the vessel.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 190 travelers
- Chef Prepared Buffet lunch on the Morning Cruises
- Dedicated on-board guides
- Live commentary on board
- Restroom on board
- Quiet cruising under electric motors while on the Gordon River
- Entry/Admission - Gordon River
- Entry/Admission - Sarah Island
- Drinks, unless you travel on the Premier Upper Deck. Cash bar available on the Main Deck
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
24 Esplanade, Strahan TAS 7468, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the The Royal Automobile Club of Tasmania in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.