The Pillinger Explorer is a fully guided, small-group tour that immerses guests in the fascinating natural and human history of the Pillinger township and Macquarie Harbour.
You will explore the rugged ruins of the Pillinger township and learn about an intriguing chapter in western Tasmania's history. Then, climb back aboard MV Sophia and glide past Reindeer Lodge and working fish farms on the way to Hells Gates. Step ashore at Bonnet Island to hear challenging stories of the lighthouse keepers and their families as you marvel at breathtaking views of Ocean Beach and beyond.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pillinger, Southwest TAS 7139, Australia
Enjoy morning tea before a guided walk and interpretation through the Pillinger ruins.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Reindeer Lodge, West Coast TAS 7139, Australia
Guests can enjoy views of Reindeer Lodge from the water.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Bonnet Island, Tasmania, Australia
Step ashore to hear stories of the old lighthouse keeper and his family and marvel at stunning views of Ocean Beach and beyond.
Duration: 15 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Lunch - Chef-prepared gourmet lunch
- Snacks - Morning tea
- Fully guided experience
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Reindeer Lodge
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Gordon River Cruises, 24 Esplanade, Strahan TAS 7468, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the The Royal Automobile Club of Tasmania in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.