This 4-Day Flinders Ranges Outback Tour operates from Adelaide. Travel with a small group in luxury air-conditioned Mercedes Benz vehicles with two nights at the award-winning Rawnsley Park Station and one night at the famous Prairie Hotel. Rawnsley Park Station will be a highlight on this tour with true outback hospitality and Aussie station experiences. Stay in luxurious accommodation, all with commanding views of the surrounding landscape. Touring includes the spectacular and rugged scenery of Wilpena Pound and the magnificent Flinders Ranges region with its wealth of wildlife, geology and ancient history. At Nilpena Station, take a fascinating station and Ediacaran fossil tour, and enjoy outback food and hospitality at the famous Prairie Hotel at Parachilna. Then travel through the stunning Clare Valley wine region for some wine tasting and lunch before returning to Adelaide.
What You'll Get
Day 1 (LD): This morning you will be collected from your accommodation around 7.30am to commence your 4 day tour into the majestic Flinders Ranges. Stop at the old copper mining town of Burra for morning tea, and then Orroroo for lunch. Stop at Kanyaka Station Homestead and see what's left of this once massive sheep and cattle station. Then it's on to Hawker and finally Rawnsley Park Station, your home for the next two nights. After a later afternoon Sunset on the Chace tour, where you'll watch the sun set while enjoying local wines and canapes, you'll enjoy a delicious 2-course dinner in a converted woolshed, aptly named the Woolshed Restaurant.
Day 2 (BLD): Join the Daybreak Loop Walk to spectacular Rawnsley Bluff, and learn how the ancient sea floor has been uplifted and eroded to create this amazing landscape, before enjoying a hearty bush breakfast. Afterwards spend the day touring around the Southern Flinders Ranges including local sights, picturesque gorges and walks. This evening enjoy a sumptuous 3-course lamb tasting dinner with matching wines hosted by Rawnsley Park's Farm Manager (vegetarians will be catered for).
Day 3 (BLD): After breakfast in your villa or unit, there will be time to take an early morning scenic flight over Wilpena Pound to gain an appreciation of the scale and beauty of this area (additional cost). Depart Rawnsley Park and travel through the small outback copper town of Blinman. Leave the bitumen here and traverse through the beautiful Parachilna Gorge, with ancient river beds, towering ghost gums and spectacular rock formations, arriving at Australia's #1 Outback Hotel, the Prairie Hotel. Famous for its innovative dishes with Australian native and Flinders Ranges Feral Food twists, you'll enjoy one of their signature Antipasto Platters for lunch. Then it's on to Nilpena Station for a fascinating tour of the working Cattle Station and the Ediacaran Fossil Site, where you will see fossils that are over 500 million years old, preserved in the ancient sea-floor. Finish the day off with sunset drinks and canapes on the verandah at the Prairie Hotel, followed by a stunning 3-course a la carte dinner.
Day 4 (BL): On your last day of touring, enjoy a hearty breakfast before travelling south to the old railway township of Quorn for morning tea. Then it's on to Paulett Wines, nestled in the Polish Hill River region of the picturesque Clare Valley. Enjoy lunch at their Bush Devine Cafe, before heading back to Adelaide, arriving at approximately 5.30pm.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- All prices are per person based on twin share. Single prices available on request
- Itinerary is subject to change and weather conditions on the day
- Tour is not recommended for children up to 7 years of age. Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Minimum number of 2 passengers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet this requirement. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Touring is in a small 4x4 vehicle and large suitcases cannot be carried. Luggage weight limits must not exceed 15kgs per person
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Explore the Kanyaka Station Homestead Ruins
- Enjoy a "Sunset on the Chace" tour, including sunset drinks and canapes
- Take the Daybreak Loop Walk to Rawnsley Bluff, including a cooked bush breakfast
- See picturesque gorges and spectacular scenery on your tour around Wilpena Pound and the Southern Flinders Ranges
- Taste the unique and delicious food at Australia's #1 Outback Hotel, the Prairie Hotel
- Sample wines at Paulett Wines in the Clare Valley
- Morning pick up and evening set down on Days 1 & 4 at selected Adelaide CBD Hotels
- Personalised 4x4 touring with expert commentary from your local driver/guide
- 3 nights accommodation as selected, including Holiday Units or Eco Villas at Rawnsley Park Station, and Deluxe King/Twin Rooms at the Prairie Hotel
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Optional Scenic Flight over Wilpena Pound operated by Chinta Air
- Drinks not listed as part of itinerary
Adelaide Central Bus Station Franklin St, 83 Franklin St, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the The Sealink Travel Group in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.