Explore the rainforest, rivers, waterfalls and gorges of the Illawarra escarpment. Witness the infinite expanse of the Australian Bush. Epic views from the mountains to the sea. See the spectacular Carrington and Gerringong Falls and the beautiful green pastures of Jamberoo Valley.
• Only minutes flying time from base to the cliff faces of the mountain escarpment
• A packed 30 minute schedule of spectacular mountain and ocean views
• Rainforest, cliff faces, gorges and chasms of the Great Dividing Range.
• Spectacular Carrington and Gerringong Falls
• Lush mountain foothills and the quaint country village of Jamberoo
• Views of Lake Illawarra and the beaches of the South Coast
• The unique thrill of a helicopter take-off and landing
About This Deal
Visit: Touchdown Helicopters, 32 Airport Rd Hangar 1, Illawarra Regional Airport, Albion Park Rail, Shellharbour, New South Wales 2527 Australia
Minutes after take off, as we track towards the mountain ranges, keep a lookout for the tree top walking platform and viewing tower of the Illawarra Fly. Turning south, we continue to follow the rocky cliff edges of the Great Dividing Range towards Jamberoo mountain and the ancient aboriginal bushlands of Barren Grounds Nature Reserve. Flying over Cooks Nose walking track, next on the itinerary is the beautiful Gerringong Falls, a 180m vertical drop as the Gerringong Creek plummets over its cliff edge. As we follow the Upper Kangaroo Valley River, the valley closes in and terminates as a narrow gorge at Carrington Falls. The top is about 550 meters above sea level and the pool at the base is 160m below. From Carrington Falls we meander back towards base taking a diversion over Macquarie Pass National Park. As you fly overhead the national park, just about visible beneath the rainforest is the tumbling Macquarie Rivulet. Then looking up, the whole of the Illawarra laid out before you.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is casual (dress comfortable for your experience)
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over 110kg may be required to pay an additional fee. This is payable directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Beverages (Tea and Coffee)
- Aviation Headsets to hear the pilot and other passengers clearly
- Live commentary on board
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Only 1 hour drive south of Sydney, nestled between the Great Dividing Range and the Pacific Ocean, this tour departs from Illawarra Regional Airport; ideally located to provide you access to some of Australia’s most beautiful beaches and rugged mountain scenery, waterfalls and canyons – all within minutes of departure.
This tour departs 7 days a week.
Exact departure time is subject to availability
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Touchdown Helicopters in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.