Within minutes of departure you will be flying over the pristine sandy beaches of Australia’s South Coast; from Kiama in the south to Wollongong Harbour in the North. And all against the ever present mountainous backdrop of the Great Dividing Range
• Kiama to Wollongong and all the beautiful beaches in-between.
• A packed 30 minute schedule of spectacular mountain and ocean views
• Experience the unique thrill of a helicopter take-off and landing
• Only minutes flying time from base to the golden beaches of the Illawarra
• Keep a lookout for whales and dolphins
• Informed commentary from your friendly pilot
• A comfortable helipad viewing lounge for all your family and friends
• Free tea and coffee before and after your experience
About This Deal
If you haven’t experienced the unique thrill of a helicopter ride you’re in for a treat. As you rise slowly up off the ground into the hover, you’re flying but you’re not going anywhere!!. And then ever so gently the pilot pushes forward on his controls and forward you go and up you come.
As you take-off from Wollongong Airport, make sure you have your camera at the ready to capture the panoramic views of both the mountains and the sea as they unfold before you. Keep your camera switched on though, it’s about to get a serious workout.
Your coastal flight begins at Kiama where you’ll have a birds-eye view of the famous blowhole and fishing harbour. From there you’ll be flying northwards hugging the coastline for some great views of the golden suntanned beaches and aquamarine waters of the Illawarra.
Make sure you look up every now and then though. The view from the coast of the Pacific to the mountains of the Great Dividing Range is spectacular. Try to imagine what the landscape would have been like in the days of the ancient aboriginal Wodi Wodi and Nharawal tribes that called the Illawarra home.
Passeing Bombo, Killelea, Bass Point, Shellharbour, Lake Illawarra, The Five Islands, Hill 60 and Port Kembla, all too soon you will be approaching your final coastal destination on your packed itinerary, Wollongong Harbour. Look down and choose a spot to visit later in the day for tea, coffee, lunch or even a swim.
But its not all over yet. The return flight to base, flying over Lake Illawarra on final approach, will provide some breathtaking views of the mountains and the homesteads in their foothills. And then touchdown!!
• Kiama Blowhole
• Bass Point Marine Reserve
• Lake Illawarra
• Mount Kembla and Mount Keira
• Hill 60 and the Five Islands
• Port Kembla
• WIN Stadium
• Wollongong Harbour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is casual (dress comfortable for your experience)
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over 110kg may be required to pay an additional fee. This is payable directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Beverages (Tea and Coffee)
- Aviation Headsets to hear the pilot and other passengers clearly
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Only 1 hour drive south of Sydney, nestled between the Great Dividing Range and the Pacific Ocean, this tour departs from Illawarra Regional Airport; ideally located to provide you access to some of Australia’s most beautiful beaches and rugged mountain scenery, waterfalls and canyons – all within minutes of departure.
This tour departs 7 days a week.
Exact departure time is subject to availability
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Touchdown Helicopters in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.