Discover the most spectacular waterfalls in the Southern Highlands flying over steep canyons visiting Carrington, Belmore, Fitzroy and Gerringong Falls. See the rainforest, cliff faces, gorges and chasms of the Great Dividing Range.
• Only minutes flying time from base to the cliff faces of the mountain escarpment
• A packed 45 minute schedule of spectacular mountain and ocean views
• Rainforest, cliff faces, gorges and chasms of the Great Dividing Range
• Spectacular Carrington, Gerringong, Fitzroy and Belmore Falls
• Lush mountain foothills and the quaint country villages of Jamberoo and Kangaroo Valley
• Views of Lake Illawarra and the beaches of the South Coast
• The unique thrill of a helicopter take-off and landing
About This Deal
Minutes after take off, as we track towards the mountain ranges, keep a lookout for the tree top walking platform and viewing tower of the Illawarra Fly. Turning south, we continue to follow the rocky cliff edges of the Great Dividing Range towards Jamberoo mountain and the ancient aboriginal bushlands of Barren Grounds Nature Reserve. Then via the meandering mountain escarpment we visit the spectacular Gerringong and Carrington Falls. Onward towards Kangaroo Valley and some of the most beautiful countryside in Australia. See the Hampden iron and wooden suspension bridge spanning the gorge of the Kangaroo Valley River before overflying the dramatic Fitzroy and Belmore Falls. From Belmore Falls we meander back towards base taking a diversion over Macquarie Pass National Park. As you fly overhead the national park, just about visible beneath the rainforest are the tumbling waterfalls of the Macquarie Rivulet. Then looking up, the whole of the Illawarra laid out before you.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is casual (dress comfortable for your experience)
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over 110kg may be required to pay an additional fee. This is payable directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Beverages (Tea and Coffee)
- Aviation Headsets to hear the pilot and other passengers clearly
- Live commentary on board
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Only 1 hour drive south of Sydney, nestled between the Great Dividing Range and the Pacific Ocean, this tour departs from Illawarra Regional Airport; ideally located to provide you access to some of Australia’s most beautiful beaches and rugged mountain scenery, waterfalls and canyons – all within minutes of departure.
This tour departs 7 days a week. Exact departure time is subject to availability
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Touchdown Helicopters in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.