A wonderful 2 night/3 days tour cycling the Riesling Rail Trail passing rolling vineyards, some of Australia’s oldest cellar doors and world class wines, and experiencing amazing gourmet delights, with friendly locals and a sleepy, country feel. The perfect escape.
About This Deal
Starting in Auburn, an easy 2-hour drive from Adelaide, you will cycle to Clare on Day 1, stay overnight and ride back to Auburn on the second day. Your guide will show you the best of this stunning wine region, whilst cycling with your friends and family. The cycling is off road and safe, covering approx 35-kilometers each day and designed for non riders, so just about anyone that is a little active can do this tour. Visit the best cellars doors so you can experience the amazing food and wine of this gourmet region.
• Distance covered: approximately 21.7-miles (35-kilometers) each day on the off road Riesling Trail.
• Physical Grading: Easy (flat, gradual gradient)
• Bike type: Any suitable, thick tyres recommended for hard packed gravel surface (smooth but some loose gravel).
• Hire Available: Yes, fully serviced mountains bikes (not included in price)
• Bikes & helmets are available and can be hired at an additional AU$60 per person for the tour, or of course you can BYO bike. Bikes are well maintained mountains bikes and come in various sizes and male/female styles. Electric assist bikes and tandems are available on request for an additional fee. Please contact your local operator to organise Bike and/or Helmet hire prior to tour commencing.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- 1 x night accommodation in Auburn twin share (comfortable 3 star)
- 1 x night accommodation in Clare (4 star)
- Gourmet bistro dinner on your first night in Auburn at the award winning Rising Sun Hotel
- 2 x breakfasts (Sat/Sun)
- 2 x gourmet cellar door lunches including an al la carte lunch at incredible Skillogalle Winery restaurant.
- Up to 5 cellar door winery visits with all tasting fees included
- Collection and transport of all your purchases and luggage
- Transport to and from Auburn
- Bike (can be hired from local operator at additional fee)
- Helmet (can be hired from local operator at additional fee)
Tour starts and ends in Auburn, South Australia in the Clare Valley about 1.5hrs drive from Adelaide.
Tour ends at the Rising Sun Hotel in Auburn on Day 3 at around 4pm.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tour de Vines in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.