This product is specifically designed for Cruise Ship passengers. Land-based passengers should book through product 13015P1 for the same itinerary.
From the wharf, you will drive to the 1,270-metre (4,167ft) peak of Mt Wellington for spectacular views over Hobart.
The tour then follows the scenic Coal River to the heritage town of Richmond to discover the secrets of Tasmania's convict history. Finally, visitors will see kangaroos, wallabies, wombats and Tasmanian Devils at the Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary.
Food and refreshments are available at Bonorong and at the Bakery in Richmond.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mount Wellington, Pinnacle Road, Hobart, Tasmania Australia
The cruise ship day tour departs from Hobart to drive up through south Hobart towards the summit of Mt Wellington. Here you will enjoy breathtaking views of greater Hobart, the Tasman Bridge, the Derwent River, Bruny Island, the D’Entrecasteaux Channel and the Huon Valley. If weather doesn’t permit views from the summit the group has the option to visit a lower viewing point at Mt Nelson Signal Station which offers equally stunning views of Hobart, the Derwent River and Channel. You will have approximately 30 minutes to take in the view and take the perfect photograph.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Richmond Gaol, 37 Bathurst St, Richmond, Clarence, Tasmania 7025 Australia
Next, you will travel through the beautiful Coal River Valley to the historic town of Richmond. Here you can gain more insight into the early convict days that preceded Port Arthur at the oldest goal in Tasmania and see the oldest convict constructed sandstone bridge still in use in Australia. Just nearby there is also the stunning sandstone St. John’s Catholic Church, the oldest Catholic Church in Australia. You will get the opportunity to wander around and explore the quaint little hamlet of Richmond with its numerous old and heritage-listed buildings, galleries, antique shops and visit Old Hobart Town, a garden model display of Hobart as it was in the 1820s.
You will have 60 minutes in Richmond, enough time to grab a quick snack at the bakery, hotel or café, We DO NOT recommend having a sit-down meal as you will miss out on exploring all that this beautiful town has to offer.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary, 593 Briggs Rd, Brighton, Tasmania 7030 Australia
From Richmond, you journey out to Brighton to visit the iconic Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary. Here you can get up close and personal with some of Tasmania’s native wildlife, including its unique Tasmanian Devil, Wombats, Koalas, Quolls, Possums, Echidnas and a large range of bird species. Meet their mob Kangaroos and Wallabies and we recommend a conversation with Fred, the sulphur crested cockatoo, who is over 103 years old!
You will then be returned to Hobart (only a 30-minute drive) well in time for your cruise ship departure.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please note: This product is designed specifically for cruise ship passengers and is restricted to days when cruise ships are docking in Hobart. Land-based visitors and passengers wanting to book a small-group tour, should book this same tour using product 13015P1.
- Please report to the meeting point as soon as possible for early departure, no later than 9:45am. The departure time will be adjusted for ships arriving later. Groups should arrive together in order to be seated on the same bus.
- A small amount of walking is involved.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult as child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated, providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Service animals allowed
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Children under the age of 4 are not permitted on this tour. Families with toddlers are encouraged to Charter a small vehicle- refer product 13015P20.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Bottled water
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned small bus or luxury coach
- Free WiFi available on bus
- Entry/Admission - Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
- Food and drinks (available for purchase at Bonorong and Richmond)
- Entry/Admission - Richmond Gaol
Mac 2, 18 Hunter St, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Meeting point is next to the information desk within the cruise terminal between 9:00 am and 9:30 am, for departure by 10:00 am. Our staff will be wearing bright green tunics for ease of identification. Groups need to arrive together in order to be seated on the same bus. As buses are filled, they depart.
5 to 6 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tours around Tasmania in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.