Take a 9-hour day tour from Hobart south down into the Huon Valley and the Far South of Tasmania to see the Hastings Caves and Thermal Springs, the Tahune Adventures and Forest AirWalk on the edge of the South West Tasmanian World Heritage wilderness area.
Customers can choose to extend the trip to 10 hours and visit the summit of Mt Wellington on the journey back to Hobart.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hastings Caves and Thermal Springs, 754 Hastings Caves Rd, Hastings, Tasmania 7109 Australia
This Huon Valley day tour departs from Hobart for a leisurely drive south along the Huon Highway towards Huonville stopping first at Willie Smiths Apple Shed to see their Apple Museum (optional). Here you can learn about the Huon Valleys history of Apple Growing and one of the oldest Apple farming families, the Smith’s who now are also producing one of Australia’s most popular craft ciders.
A little further down the road at Franklin, the tour group also has the option to visit the Wooden Boat Centre where they provide courses teaching the traditional craft of building timber boats. Here you will be able to view the boat making in action and walk through their informative wooden boat making display area.
From Franklin you will take the road further south through Geeveston down to Hastings Caves and Thermal Pools. You can partake in a tour with one of their specialist guides to see the stunning dolomite caves, one of two of its type found in Australia. The cave is spacious with no narrow passages, however, there are 250 stairs leading down into and out of the cave, all equipped with handrails. There will be an opportunity to take a dip in the swimming pool fed by thermal spring water with a temperature of a tepid 28 degrees Celsius.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Tahune Adventures, Arve Road, Geeveston, Tasmania 7116 Australia
Following this, the tour group will make their way back to Geeveston and around to Tahune Adventures Tasmania. This area was affected by fire in early 2019, however, there is still plenty of forest to see and the opportunity to learn about the amazing natural generation that occurs in the forest environment. You will be able to walk along the AirWalk which sits above the forest floor overlooking the canopy. It extends as high as 50 metres offering views across the wild waters of the Huon and Picton Rivers and extending to the mountains of the Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area.
Tahune also offers a variety of tranquil forest walks including the Swinging Bridges and Huon Pine trail where you can touch and smell one of Australia’s oldest living trees. For an additional fee of AU $18, you can take a thrilling on the Cable Eagle Hang Glider, which whisks you 250-metres across the Huon River at speeds of up to 40km/hr to stop 50 metres up in the air, before gliding back to solid ground.
The group will stop at Tahune Adventures for 90 minutes which allows customers to experience some of the activities available there. This time can be extended if the group chooses considering any time commitments such as having to arrive back to Hobart for a Cruise Ship departure.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Mount Wellington, Pinnacle Road, Hobart, Tasmania Australia
On the 10-hour version of the tour, the group can visit the summit of Mt Wellington on the return journey and see spectacular views of Hobart and the surrounding Derwent River, Bruny Island and back down the Huon Valley. If the weather is not suitable for viewing the group can instead opt for a scenic tour of the city of Hobart.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Cruise ship passengers to provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time – if not on a Cruise Ship, simply inscribe n/a in this field.
- Land-based customers to provide accommodation details, at time of booking, in case we are able to collect them from their central Hobart accommodation – if on a Cruise Ship, simply inscribe n/a in this field.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Bottled water
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Live commentary on board
- Entry Fees to Hastings Caves and Tahune AirWalk
- Entry/Admission - Hastings Caves and Thermal Springs
- Entry/Admission - Tahune Adventures
- Food and drinks
- Entry fees for the Eagle Hang Glider at Tahune AirWalk
1: Hobart TAS, Australia
2: Tasmanian Travel & Information Centre, 16-20 Davey St, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
3: Macquarie Wharf - TASPORTS, 18 Hunter St, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure at 8:00 am.
9 to 10 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tours around Tasmania in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.