Take a spectacular day trip from Hobart through the Huon Valley. Highlights include a visit to Hastings Caves, with the pool fed by water from Thermal Springs, and the Tahune Forest AirWalk.
Choose between a 9-hour or a 10-hour day trip with highlights including a guided tour through the Caves and the Tahune Forest AirWalk experience.
The 10 hour option includes a trip to the summit of Mt. Wellington.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hastings Caves State Reserve - Hastings Caves and Thermal Springs, 754 Hastings Caves Rd, Hastings, Tasmania 7109 Australia
Hastings Caves and Thermal Springs in the Huon Valley (Southern Trove) is a 90-minute drive south of Hobart.
Formed millions of years ago, the dolomite cave is one of two show caves found in Australia. Guided tours are available with a Parks and Wildlife Service guide. You will discover spectacular subterranean formations including flowstone, stalactites, columns, shawls, straws, stalagmites and the unusual helictites. The cave is spacious. There are no narrow passages.
Each way inside the cave are 250 stairs, all equipped with handrails.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Tahune Adventures, Arve Road, Geeveston, Tasmania 7116 Australia
A scenic 90-minute drive south from Hobart, one of southern Tasmania’s must-see attractions. You can walk high above the forest canopy and share the lives of the forest giants from up-close, looking down to the place where the wild waters of the Huon and Picton Rivers mingle. The 600-metre walkway ends at a spectacular cantilevered platform 50 metres above the riverbank, with views extending to the mountains of the World Heritage Area. Further into the forest follow the trail to the 2 swinging bridges or enjoy a peaceful walk along the Huon river, get up close to see young and mature Huon pines growing in their natural riverine rainforest environment. Expolore paddling, drifting and splashing on a raft or kayak through bouncy rapids and quiet stretches of the Picton and Huon River. Enjoy local Tasmanian produce in the cafe.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Mount Wellington, Pinnacle Road, Hobart, Tasmania Australia
When you select the 10 hour option you will also travel to the summit of Mt. Wellington to experience magnificant views over Hobart and the River Derwent.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Cruise ship passengers to provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time – if not on a Cruise Ship, simply inscribe n/a in this field.
- Land-based customers to provide accommodation details, at time of booking, in case we are able to collect them from their central Hobart accommodation – if on a Cruise Ship, simply inscribe n/a in this field.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Bottled water
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Live commentary on board
- Entry Fees to Hastings Caves and Tahune AirWalk
- Entry/Admission - Hastings Caves State Reserve - Hastings Caves and Thermal Springs
- Entry/Admission - Tahune Adventures
- Food and drinks
- Entry fees for the Eagle Hang Glider at Tahune AirWalk
1: Hobart TAS, Australia
2: Tasmanian Travel & Information Centre, 16-20 Davey St, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
3: Macquarie Wharf - TASPORTS, 18 Hunter St, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure at 8:00 am.
9 to 10 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tours around Tasmania in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.