This product is for booking by land-based customers only. Cruise Ship passengers can book the same itinerary on product 13015P19. The basic tour (6-7 hours), takes in stunning views of Hobart from the summit of Mount Wellington. On a clear day you’ll enjoy panoramic views all the way to the D’Entrecasteaux Channel and Bruny Island. This sightseeing tour will also take you along the shore of the Derwent River to view the historic buildings of Salamanca Place and Battery Point, together with an insight into the history of the area. Take the old road to Huonville and Geeveston to the Tahune AirWalk. Should weather preclude the running of the trip up the mountain, you will take the scenic coastal route to the Huon Valley. Highlights include a visit to the Shot Tower, the Australian Antarctic Division Headquarters and the Channel Heritage Centre, en-route to the Tahune AirWalk. The 8 to 9 hour option, is the basic 6 hour tour, plus the addition of a visit to Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tahune Adventures, Arve Road, Geeveston, Tasmania 7116 Australia
A scenic 90-minute drive south from Hobart, one of southern Tasmania’s must-see attractions. You can walk high above the forest canopy and share the lives of the forest giants from up-close, looking down to the place where the wild waters of the Huon and Picton Rivers mingle. The 600-metre walkway ends at a spectacular cantilevered platform 50 metres above the riverbank, with views extending to the mountains of the World Heritage Area. Further into the forest follow the trail to the 2 swinging bridges or enjoy a peaceful walk along the Huon river, get up close to see young and mature Huon pines growing in their natural riverine rainforest environment. Expolore paddling, drifting and splashing on a raft or kayak through bouncy rapids and quiet stretches of the Picton and Huon River. Enjoy local Tasmanian produce in the cafe.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Mount Wellington, Pinnacle Road, Hobart, Tasmania Australia
Travel to the summit of Mt. Wellington to experience the magnificent iews of Hobart and the River Derwent.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Willie Smith's Apple Shed, 2064 Huon Hwy, Grove, Tasmania 7109 Australia
Optional stop for afternoon tea. Visit the apple museum.
Duration: 10 minutes
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- All customers, at time of booking (or prior to pick-up): it is very important to provide a mobile number (incl. area code), if possible.
- Customers to provide accommodation details, at time of booking, in case we are able to collect them from their accommodation.
- A fair amount of walking is involved but transport can be provided up to the AirWalk itself, for those who do not wish to undertake the walking trails.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately - it is always cold at the summit
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan or small bus
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by arrangement only for central Hobart hotels.
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Tahune Adventures
- Food and drinks
6 to 7 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tours around Tasmania in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.