On your 4-day trip you can expect:
• to walk in small groups of up to 12 guests through dry woodland, rainforest and heathland with your ecologist explaining the history and vibrant personalities of the forests
• spectacular clifftop views as you discuss Tasmania’s unique dolerite formations with your geologist
• to immerse yourself in the penal origins of Australia as your historian narrates the tales of convicts who toiled the very ground you tread
• an aquatic adventure with a boat cruise taking you wildlife spotting at the base of Australia’s largest cliffs
• 3 nights in exclusive lodge style accommodation with your own private room
• all meals, transport and national park admission included
• to develop genuine relationships with likeminded individuals who share your curiosity and love for nature
About This Deal
The Tasman Peninsula is a must see for all Australians! Just one and a half hours’ drive from Hobart towards the east coast, it is home to the notorious Port Arthur penal colony, Australia’s highest cliffs, an ancient rainforest and fascinating coastal rock formations.
The Tasman Peninsula truly encapsulates the quintessential Tasmanian experience and is the perfect location for our 4 day walking tour. We believe that in order to fully immerse yourself in this special place, you need guides of the highest calibre. Therefore your guides on this wilderness tour will include professionals such as geologists, ecologists, botanists and historians. This means you will not only walk through the majestic landscapes, but be captivated by its peculiarities as our guides share their wisdom and passion for their respective fields with you.
If you have a moderate level of fitness, a love for nature and a curious spirit, our hiking tours are guaranteed to be a rewarding, revitalising and awe-inspiring experience.
• Cape Raoul, Port Arthur, Tasmania Australia
• Port Arthur Historic Site, Arthur Highway, Port Arthur, Tasmania 7182 Australia
• Cape Hauy, Eaglehawk Neck, Tasmania Australia
• Three Capes Track, 6973 Arthur Highway, Port Arthur, Tasmania Australia
• Hobart, Hobart, Greater Hobart, Tasmania
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- Moderate level of fitness is required for this walking tour
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Our guides are all first aid qualified and will carry a Personal Locating Beacon in case of serious injury requiring evacuation by helicopter.
- Coffee and/or Tea
- All transport and return transfers from your Hobart CBD hotel
- Knowledgeable and friendly local tour leader
- National park entry fees
- Alcoholic Beverages
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tours around Tasmania in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.