This product is only available to Cruise Ship passengers, or to others on days when Cruise Ships are in Hobart Port. Travel from Hobart to Port Arthur on this small bus or mini-bus shuttle, as you step back in time, discovering Tasmania’s convict history. Spend approximately 4-hours exploring Port Arthur Historic site, including a guided tour and a tour of the bay on a catamaran.For those visitors who choose the option including Unzoo, the bus will drop you off at the Tasmanian Devil Unzoo on the way to Port Arthur. Your guide will collect you after about an hour, and transfer you to Port Arthur (which is 10 minutes down the road) to join the rest of your group. This will reduce your time spent at Port Arthur.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Port Arthur Historic Site, Arthur Highway, Port Arthur, Tasmania 7182 Australia
Port Arthur Historic Site is a special place of vivid history, cultural heritage and stories so compelling, you’ll want to hear them again and again. It’s a place of global significance – one of the 11 places that make up the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Australian Convict Sites. And it’s one of Australia’s favourite tourist destinations. Come and discover the real people and living history of Port Arthur Historic Site.
The story of the Port Arthur Historic Site is a story of many people, places and moments.
Over its long history, Port Arthur has been a place of hardship and punishment, a place of opportunity, and a place of leisure. Now it is one of Australia’s most important heritage destinations, where the story of Australia’s colonial history is written in stone and brick.
Visit us to meet some of the people who have passed through this place, walk where their stories unfolded, and learn about Port Arthur’s evolution from a feared convict settlement to a World Heritage-listed Historic Site and world-class tourist destination.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Tasmanian Devil Unzoo, 5990 Arthur Hwy, Taranna, Tasmania 7180 Australia
Tasmanian Devil Unzoo is a four-in-one wildlife nature experience that combines up-close animal encounters, wildlife adventures, a Tasmanian native garden and original art.
At our Unzoo, you’ll have face-to-face encounters with animals found nowhere else on earth, discover rare and beautiful Tasmanian plants in the Tasmanian Native Botanic Garden, see Tasmanian artworks in our galleries and have the chance to help save endangered Tasmanian devils on our Devil Tracker Adventure.
Tasmanian Devil Unzoo is the world’s first intentional Unzoo—a revolutionary project to create a model wildlife and nature experience of the future. During your time with us, you’ll be inspired, intrigued, challenged and entertained. Sometimes, you might even find us a little outrageous. Our hope is that your visit to the Unzoo will challenge you to think about the natural world and your place in it, in a completely new way.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- All customers, at time of booking (or prior to pick-up): it is very important to provide a mobile number (incl. area code), if possible.
- Cruise ship passengers to provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time.
- A fair amount of walking is involved
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adult.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately - it is always cold at the summit
- We are aware that Cruise Ship passengers need to return to their ship in time for departure. We aim to arrive at least 30 to 60 minutes prior to the stipulated time. Customers should confirm this time with their tour guide on the day.
- 20 seat, 12-seat, 9 seat or 7-seat vehicles will be utilized to the maximum legal carrying capacity of the vehicle, irrespective of weather conditions.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan or small coach
- Entry/Admission - Port Arthur Historic Site
- Entry/Admission - Tasmanian Devil Unzoo
- Food and drinks
Mac 2, 18 Hunter St, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Meeting point is next to the information desk within the cruise terminal between 8:30 am and 9:00 am, for departure by 9:00 am. Our staff will be wearing bright green tunics for ease of identification. Groups need to arrive together in order to be seated on the same bus.
7 to 8 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tours around Tasmania in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need to Know
Fine Print and Helpful Information
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.