We provide a special shuttle bus services for visitors arriving in Hobart by cruise ship that would like to visit Port Arthur Historic Site. These shuttles provide a drop-off and pick up service with free WiFi whilst on the bus. They do not include tour commentary or a guide at the destination.
Visitors have two options for their itinerary. They can visit Port Arthur Historic Site only for 4 hours or visit the Port Arthur Historic Site for 2.5 hours and the Tasmanian Devil Unzoo for 1.5 hours.
Anyone taking our shuttle buses must be aware of the timetable of the shuttle bus departure times so as not to delay their arrival back at their cruise ship.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Port Arthur Historic Site, Arthur Highway, Port Arthur, Tasmania 7182 Australia
Port Arthur Historic Site is one of Tasmania’s most visited attractions and one of the 11 places which make up the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Australian Convict Sites. It consists of more than 30 historic buildings and ruins of a penal settlement set up in 1930 as a secondary punishment for repeat offenders.
Your entry provides you with access to their visitor centre, interpretative gallery and 40 hectares of ruins and heritage buildings. Included are an introductory walking tour and a harbour cruise. A courtesy shuttle buggy provides a regular drop-off and pick-up service around the site for visitors with limited mobility.
If you only choose to visit Port Arthur for the day then you have 4 hours to explore the historic site and you will be able to purchase something to eat and drink at the visitor centre.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Tasmanian Devil Unzoo, 5990 Arthur Hwy, Taranna, Tasmania 7180 Australia
An alternative shuttle bus option is to spend less time at the Port Arthur Historic Site (2.5hours) and also spend 1.5 hours visiting the Tasmanian Devil Unzoo.
Tasmanian Devil Unzoo is an unconventional wildlife park which rather than exhibiting animals in a traditional enclosure it invites its visitors into natural habitats in which cages or barriers are removed or concealed and animals are encouraged to interact with the environment.
During your visit you will meet their resident Tasmanian Devils, see brushtail possums, their gentle wallabies and have access to over two kilometres of nature trails, using their self-guided map and bird animal checklists.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- All customers, at time of booking (or prior to pick-up): it is very important to provide a mobile number (incl. area code), if possible.
- Cruise ship passengers to provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time.
- A fair amount of walking is involved
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adult.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately - it is always cold at the summit
- We are aware that Cruise Ship passengers need to return to their ship in time for departure. We aim to arrive at least 30 to 60 minutes prior to the stipulated time. Customers should confirm this time with their tour guide on the day.
- 20 seat, 12-seat, 9 seat or 7-seat vehicles will be utilized to the maximum legal carrying capacity of the vehicle, irrespective of weather conditions.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan or small coach
- Free WiFi available on bus
- Entry/Admission - Port Arthur Historic Site
- Entry/Admission - Tasmanian Devil Unzoo
- Food and drinks
Mac 2, 18 Hunter St, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Meeting point is next to the information desk within the cruise terminal between 8:30 am and 9:00 am, for departure by 9:00 am. Our staff will be wearing bright green tunics for ease of identification. Groups need to arrive together in order to be seated on the same bus.
7 to 8 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tours around Tasmania in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.