Your small-group tour from Hobart will begin with a drive around the Hobart waterfront, Salamanca and Battery Point areas during which you see beautiful historic buildings and learn about its amazing history.
Next, you visit the summit of Mt Wellington for spectacular views over Hobart, the Derwent River, Bruny Island, the D’Entrecasteaux Channel and the Huon Valley.
You'll then journey back down the mountain to Brighton to visit the Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary where you can ave a close encounter with kangaroos, wallabies, wombats and Tasmanian Devils.
From here you will travel to the historic town of Richmond where you will have the opportunity to purchase something to eat whilst taking in the elegant Georgian architecture, convict-constructed bridge and collection of galleries, craft boutiques and museums.
Before returning to Hobart, time permitting the tour will visit Hobarts eastern shore for the perfect photo opportunity at the Rosny Point Lookout and Kangaroo Point Battery.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Salamanca Square, Hobart, Tasmania 7004 Australia
After you are pickup from Hobart, your guide and tour bus will travel past the historic buildings of Salamanca Place and Battery Point. You will learn about the reclamation of land to form Salamanca Wharf, the history of the areas defenses and the importance of convicts in Hobart’s construction.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Mount Wellington, Pinnacle Road, Hobart, Tasmania Australia
AYou will then take the journey to the summit of Mt Wellington, where you can enjoy the breathtaking views of Hobart, the Derwent River, Tasman Bridge, Bruny Island, the D’Entrecasteaux and the Huon Valley. If the weather doesn’t permit views from the summit the group has the option to visit a lower viewing point at Mt Nelson Signal Station which offers equally stunning views of Hobart, the Derwent River and Channel.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary, 593 Briggs Rd, Brighton, Tasmania 7030 Australia
After departing Hobart, you will journey out to Brighton to visit the iconic Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary. Here you can get up close and personal with some of Tasmania’s native wildlife, including its unique Tasmanian Devil, Wombats, Koalas, Quolls, Possums, Echidnas and a large range of bird species. You will also get the opportunity to hand feed their mob Kangaroos and Wallabies and we recommend a conversation with Fred, the sulphur crested cockatoo, who is over 103 years old!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Richmond Gaol, 37 Bathurst St, Richmond, Clarence, Tasmania 7025 Australia
Next, you will travel to the historic town of Richmond where you will gain more insight into the early convict days that preceded Port Arthur at the oldest goal in Tasmania and see the oldest convict constructed sandstone bridge still in use in Australia. Just nearby there is also the stunning sandstone St. John’s Catholic Church, the oldest Catholic Church in Australia. You will get the opportunity to wander around and explore the quaint little hamlet of Richmond with its numerous old and heritage-listed buildings, galleries, antique shops and visit Old Hobart Town, a garden model display of Hobart as it was in the 1820s.
You will have 60 minutes in Richmond, enough time to grab a quick snack at the bakery, hotel or café, We DO NOT recommend having a sit-down meal as you will miss out on exploring all that this beautiful town has to offer.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Rosny Point Lookout, Hobart, Tasmania Australia
If time permits, before returning to Hobart, the tour will travel south along the eastern shore of the River Derwent, to Kangaroo Bluff Battery, built in 1884 in response to the threat of a possible foreign warship attack on Hobart. Here you can explore the subterranean passages and armories and learn more about the history of this site. For a spectacular panoramic view of the Derwent River and Hobart City, we will visit the Rosny Point Lookout with views that stretch north to Lutana and south to Opossum Bay. It’s also a great spot to photograph Hobart including Mt Wellington and talk about the Tasman bridge disaster that occurred 40 years ago.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Cruise Ship passengers should book this tour under product 13015P26, which is specifically designed for Cruise Ship passengers. There is no difference to the tour itself, only the book-in procedure, pick-up location and departure time.
- All customers, at time of booking (or prior to pick-up): are asked to provide a mobile number (including area code). Landline or booking agent's numbers are of no use to us on the morning of the tour!
- Customers to provide accommodation details, at time of booking, in case we are able to collect them from their central Hobart accommodation..
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- A small amount of walking is involved.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions.
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately - it is always cold at the summit.
- As this is only a 5 hour tour, no allowance has been made for a lunch stop, though snacks and refreshments are available at Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary and at the Bakery in Richmond.
- Children younger than 4 cannot book onto this tour. Families with young children are encouraged to Charter a small vehicle - refer product 13015P20.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Bottled water
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan or small bus
- Pick-up outside accommodation within the Hobart CBD
- Entry/Admission - Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
- Food and drinks.
- Pick-up from accommodation outside of the Hobart CBD
- Entry/Admission - Richmond Gaol
5 to 6 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tours around Tasmania in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.