Visitors will be able to admire the historic buildings along Salamanca Place and in Battery Point. They will learn about the history of Hobart, drive to the 1,270-metre (4,167ft) peak of Mt Wellington for spectacular views over Hobart, then enjoy a close encounter with kangaroos, wallabies, wombats and Tasmanian Devils at Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary.
Finally, the tour follows the scenic Coal River to the heritage town of Richmond to discover the secrets of Tasmania's convict history. Food and refreshments are available at Bonorong and at the Bakery in Richmond.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mount Wellington, Pinnacle Road, Hobart, Tasmania Australia
After pickup from Hobart you will drive to the summit of Mt Wellington where you can enjoy the breathtaking views of greater Hobart and the Tasman Bridge, weather permitting. Should weather preclude the running of the trip up the mountain, you will be given the option to visit the Mt. Nelson Signal Station.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary, 593 Briggs Rd, Hobart, Tasmania 7030 Australia
The iconic Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary. Here you can get up front and personal with Tasmanian wildlife, including the Tassie Devil, Forest Kangaroos, Wallabies, Wombats, Koalas and many more. Have a conversation with Fred, the Sulphur-crested cockatoo, who is over 103 years old! We will schedule our arrival time to arrive in time for a 40 minute guided information session by one of the wildlife keepers. A time allowance of 60 minutes has been scheduled for Bonorong, but this may be extended depending on the circumstances on the day.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Richmond Gaol, 37 Bathurst St, Richmond, Clarence, Tasmania 7025 Australia
After departing Hobart, you will travel to Richmond, where you will gain more insight into the early convict days that preceded Port Arthur, with a stroll through the oldest goal in Tasmania. You will also see the oldest convict constructed sandstone bridge still in use in Australia and St. John’s Catholic Church, the oldest Catholic Church in Australia, then you can wander around, and explore on your own, this quaint little hamlet, with its numerous old and heritage listed buildings, arts and craft galleries, antique shops, etc. A visit to the Old Hobart Town model, set out as Hobart was in the 1820s, is well worth while.
An allowance of 60 minutes has been scheduled for the stop in Richmond. This is enough time to grab a quick snack at the bakery, hotel or café, and explore what Richmond has to offer (on your own). We DO NOT recommend having a sit down meal in a cafe or restaurant, as this will eat up your hour allowance in itself.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Cruise Ship passengers should book this tour under product 13015P26, which is specifically designed for Cruise Ship passengers. There is no difference to the tour itself, only the book-in procedure, pick-up location and departure time.
- All customers, at time of booking (or prior to pick-up): are asked to provide a mobile number (including area code). Landline or booking agent's numbers are of no use to us on the morning of the tour!
- Customers to provide accommodation details, at time of booking, in case we are able to collect them from their central Hobart accommodation..
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- A small amount of walking is involved.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions.
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately - it is always cold at the summit.
- As this is only a 5 hour tour, no allowance has been made for a lunch stop, though snacks and refreshments are available at Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary and at the Bakery in Richmond.
- Children younger than 4 cannot book onto this tour. Families with young children are encouraged to Charter a small vehicle - refer product 13015P20.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Bottled water
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan or small bus
- Pick-up outside accommodation within the Hobart CBD
- Entry/Admission - Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
- Food and drinks.
- Pick-up from accommodation outside of the Hobart CBD
- Entry/Admission - Richmond Gaol
5 to 6 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tours around Tasmania in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.