See a sample of Tasmania’s Temperate Rainforests, Waterfalls, Wildlife and historic villages all in a 7-hour day tour from Hobart.
The tour takes you into the Derwent Valley, past New Norfolk into rich farming land featuring Oast Houses and Hop fields. Visit the Salmon Ponds followed by Mt Field National Park where you will be able to walk to Russell Falls before lunch at Waterfalls Café.
After lunch you will travel back towards Hobart for a native wildlife experience at the Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary followed by a visit to the historic village of Richmond.
If you prefer, and with time and weather permitting there is an option to include a trip to the pinnacle of Mt Wellington for spectacular views over Hobart and the surrounding area.
The tour includes an expert guide that can customise the experience. You will be travelling in a group with no more than 20 people. Suitable for cruise ship tour excursions from Hobart.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Salmon Ponds Heritage Hatchery and Gardens, Plenty, Tasmania, Australia 70 Salmon Ponds Rd Take the A10 and B62 north out of Hobart, New Norfolk, Tasmania 7140 Australia
Leaving from Hobart, the group will take a small bus tour out through the historic village of New Norfolk into the picturesque Derwent Valley. Along the way you will see fields of hop and historic Oast Houses used to dry the precious crop bound for local breweries.
The group will have the option of stopping first at the Salmon Ponds, a historic trout hatchery where you can feed salmon and learn of the history of Trout Fishing in Tasmania.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Russell Falls, Mount Field National Park, Tasmania Australia
Next you will arrive at the Mt Field National Park where it is just a short easy walk through stunning temperate rainforest to see arguably Tasmania’s prettiest and most photographed waterfall, Russell Falls. The track has wheelchair and stroller access and the walk each way features towering swamp gums and other plants typical of wet forests such as dogwood, musk, myrtle, tall man ferns and a large range of fungi.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary, 593 Briggs Rd, Brighton, Tasmania 7030 Australia
Following your walk, you will be able to purchase your lunch at the Waterfalls Cafe before travelling to Brighton to meet some local native wildlife at the Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary. Here you can get up close to Tasmanian Devils, Kangaroos and Wallabies, Wombats, Koalas, Quolls, Possums and much more. Make sure to have a conversation with Fred, the sulphur crested cockatoo, who is over 103 years old!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Richmond Gaol, 37 Bathurst St, Richmond, Clarence, Tasmania 7025 Australia
From Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary, the group will continue their journey onto the historic village of Richmond, where you will gain more insight into the early convict days that preceded even Port Arthur, with a stroll through the oldest goal in Tasmania.
Here you will also see the oldest convict constructed sandstone bridge still in use in Australia and St. John’s Catholic Church, Australia’s oldest functioning Roman Catholic Church. You will be able to wander around and explore the this quaint little hamlet, with its numerous old and heritage listed buildings, arts and craft galleries, antique shops, an old style sweet shop and a small scale model of Hobart in the 1820’s at Old Hobart Town.
The tour allows for 1 hour in Richmond, so we recommend not to sit at a café but instead grab a quick stack at the local bakery so that you have time to visit the sweet shop and explore the town.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mount Wellington, Pinnacle Road, Hobart, Tasmania Australia
If you choose to include a trip to the top of Mt Wellington you will be spoilt with incredible panoramic views over Hobart, the Derwent River, Bruny Island and down towards the Huon Valley.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- All customers, at time of booking (or prior to pick-up): it is very important to provide a mobile number (incl. area code), if possible.
- Cruise ship passengers to provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Land-based customers to provide accommodation details, at time of booking or prior to pick-up, for pick-up location purposes.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adult.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately - it is always cold at the summit
- We are aware that Cruise Ship passengers need to return to their ship in time for departure. We aim to arrive at least 30 to 60 minutes prior to the stipulated time. Customers should confirm this time with their tour guide on the day.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Children under the age of 4 are not permitted on this tour. Families with toddlers are encouraged to Charter a small vehicle- refer product 13015P20.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Bottled water - Chilled (in a fridge)
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus or small bus
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Hobart CBD hotels only)
- Entry/Admission - Russell Falls
- Entry/Admission - Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (for accommodation outside the Hobart CBD)
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Salmon Ponds Heritage Hatchery and Gardens
- Entry/Admission - Richmond Gaol
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tours around Tasmania in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here.