The only shore excursion to visit Simon Martin Whips & Leathercraft! Join us on this shore excursion through the Mersey Valley. Our first stop of the day is the gorgeous Tasmanian Arboretum, the best place in Australia to spot a platypus in the wild according to the Australian Platypus Monitoring Network! We'll spend some time searching for one of these elusive monotremes or explore the world's largest collection of Tasmanian woody plants. The second stop of the day is in the world-famous Town of Murals, Sheffield. Recently named Tassie's Top Tourism Town, it's easy to see why! With quirky shops, spectacular murals, and great food we'll spend some time exploring this country town before being joined by local artist Julian Bale to add your mark on our cruise mural. With Mt Roland as our backdrop, we depart Sheffield and make our way to Simon Martin Whips for a whip-cracking demonstration, you'll also get to make your own small leather coaster to take home with you.
About This Deal
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Penguin TAS 7316, Australia
Taking the scenic route to the Tasmanian Arboretum, we pass through the seaside town of Penguin. Penguin was named after the nearby penguin rookery, as such it is now the town's mascot. See how many penguins you can spot as we pass through this little town!
Stop At: Sheffield TAS 7306, Australia
Take a stroll around the quaint countryside town of Sheffield, named one of Tasmania's Top Tourism Town's this year it's easy to see why! Commonly known as the Town of Murals explore the vast array of stunning murals painted on buildings throughout the town. We'll be joined by a local artist to add to your mark to our cruise mural.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: The Tasmanian Arboretum, 46 Old Tramway Rd Eugenana, Devonport, Tasmania 7310 Australia
Spend some time searching for one of Australia's famous monotreme's, the platypus or wander through the 5,300 trees that call the Arboretum home. Including the largest collection of woody Tasmanian trees, there is so much to explore.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Simon Martin Whips & Leathercraft, 306 Mersey Main Rd, Spreyton, Devonport, Tasmania 7310 Australia
Simon has been passionate about whips and leathercrafts since the early 2000s. Here we'll get to experience a whip cracking demonstration and also take home your own small leather coaster made in the workshop
Duration: 45 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 22 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Admission fees to the Tasmanian Arboretum
- Whip cracking demonstration and tour at Simon Martin Whips
- Entry/Admission - The Tasmanian Arboretum
- Entry/Admission - Simon Martin Whips & Leathercraft
- Coffee and/or Tea
6 to 7 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Tours around Tasmania Pty Ltd in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.